Disney acquires YouTube video network Maker Studios for 500 million!

ETRJ

http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/25/5545360/disney-acquires-youtube-video-network-maker-studios

The Walt Disney Company announced today that it acquired Maker Studios, a YouTube video network, in deal worth $500 million.

The transaction is subject to regulatory clearances and is expected to close in Disney's third fiscal quarter. Once approved, the network's shareholders will receive a total of $500 million, with a "performance-linked earn-out of up" to $450 million if performance targets are met. Maker Studios will report to Disney CFO Jay Rasulo and the company's headquarters will remain in Culver City, Calif., with branches in New York and London.

With a millennial target demographic, Maker Studios features of more than 55,000 channels, 380 million subscribers and 5.5 billion views per month on YouTube. The network's biggest personality is 24-year-old Felix "PewDiePie" Kjellberg, who has more than 25 million subscriber and frequently streams video games.

Disney will gain advanced information on "consumers' discovery and interaction with short-form online videos" through the acquisition, according to the announcement.

More information at the link.

I knew it...  Stop them before they gone into the PC WORLD AND BUY EVERY MANUFACTURER!!

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

Yet another repost...

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

repost or not linus put this on his Facebook.... 

I think some companies know a lot more than we do. Clearly Facebook knew what they were doing when paying 15/19 billion for whatsapp- few of us canfigure out why the deal happened, but no one regardless of how stupid you think they are is going to spend half a billion dollars on a business deal without knowing why and having a good reason. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

so doger is working for Disney now eh 

Dooger is a Disney star now  ;)

"Unix was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because that would also stop you from doing clever things." - Doug Gwyn

would that mean disney would indirectly own pewdiepie 0_0

Nothing to see here, move along

lol, by the end of 2014 there will only be one company left in the world at this rate haha

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

repost or not linus put this on his Facebook.... 

FYI that doesn't means much to moderation here: I had one news item title edited even after Linus himself posted it on Facebook complete with the oh so misleading and offensive title. So either he quotes stuff and ask for it to be moderated and edited anyway or he's unaware and/or doesn't care.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Why is everyone acquiring each other? Like seriously companies need to calm the fuck down.

Why not? That's the way it's always been - to acquire resources, to eliminate (potential) competition.

"M. Aronnax." replied the Canadian, "your arguments are rotten at the foundation. You speak in the future, 'We shall be there! we shall be here!' I speak in the present, 'We are here, and we must profit by it.'"