How to re-enable apu with d-gpu installed? 4650g gigabyte b550 vision d

Hill160881

Like the title says. I have a gigabyte vision d b550.  I want to run the apu for a secondary case display like I have done in the past with intel systems. 

I also have an asrock desk mini and I am able to see the apu and have control over it in device manager in windows even when I have an e-gpu installed through the second m.2 port. It shows both the 3080 and the integrated graphics in display adaptors. I am able to run crypto mining on the 3080 in the background and still use the system graphics for movies and web browsing with zero change in hash rate or system delay. 

I am building silent stand alone a mining rig and want to do the same thing. I chose the 4650g because it has a very low power usage while mining at around 8watts. Also I wanted to use it’s apu as I do on the desk mini. 

unfortunately once I plug in a d-gpu the apu is disabled and no longer shows up in devices at all unlike the asrock desk mini. 

If anyone can help me re-activate the apu so I can see it in devices again I would be very thankful. I have searched this many times and can not find a work around that works.  I also can not find how to do this in the bios even though I am told it’s possible. 

Again any help would be great. Thanks in advance. 

Edited by Hill160881

14 minutes ago, Hill160881 said:

Like the title says. I have a gigabyte vision d b550.  I want to run the apu for a secondary case display like I have done in the past with intel systems. 

I also have an asrock desk mini and I am able to see the apu and have control over it in device manager in windows even when I have an e-gpu installed through the second m.2 port. It shows both the 3080 and the integrated graphics in display adaptors. I am able to run crypto mining on the 3080 in the background and still use the system graphics for movies and web browsing with zero change in hash rate or system delay. 

I am building silent stand alone a mining rig and want to do the same thing. I chose the 4650g because it has a very low power usage while mining at around 8watts. Also I wanted to use it’s apu as I do on the desk mini. 

unfortunately once I plug in a d-gpu the apu is disabled and no longer shows up in devices at all unlike the asrock desk mini. 

If anyone can help me re-activate the apu so I can see it in devices again I would be very thankful. I have searched this many times and can not find a work around that works.  I also can not find how to do this in the bios even though I am told it’s possible. 

Again any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

Assuming you have a APU with graphics,

In BIOS Advanced mode (F2 to switch between Easy and Advanced), under Settings > IO Ports, set "Integrated Graphics" to "Force"

Main: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, 16 GB 4400 MHz DDR4 Fedora 38 x86_64

Secondary: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Fedora 38 x86_64

Server: AMD Athlon PRO 3125GE, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 ECC, TrueNAS Core 13.0-U5.1

Home Laptop: Intel Core i5-L16G7, 8 GB 4267 MHz LPDDR4x, Windows 11 Home 22H2 x86_64

Work Laptop: Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA Quadro P520, 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x86_64

2 minutes ago, svmlegacy said:

Assuming you have a APU with graphics,

In BIOS Advanced mode (F2 to switch between Easy and Advanced), under Settings > IO Ports, set "Integrated Graphics" to "Force"

Thank you so much. I knew it was something simple. So many different bios to learn and I am a asus slut so far.