Integrated Laptop to Discrete Desktop

Budget (including currency): $1,500 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Roblox Studio, 3D modeling, CSGO, GTA V, Minecraft, Fortnite, school, light photo editing

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Current device: 2018 HP Envy x360 Laptop with an i7-8550u, UHD 620, 12gb at 2600, 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1080 60hz built-in display

I would really really prefer if this was a white build but if it's not possible that's fine

Also for the GPU if its actively for sale I am willing and planning on trying to get it from a drop at regular prices

Must Haves:

RTX card (preferably 30 series but whatever fits in the budget)

Corsair iCue 220T case

what? 388 for motherboard and 35 for the ssd? 

motherboard is crazy expensive, 100% pointless spend so much for a motherboard, even more for just a 3600 and not a cpu like 5950x 

ssd looks miserable... 

140 for windows 10 license? seriously? you can get one for 10ish on other sites...

I'm kind of confused at your choices. You're cheaping out on the SSD, but you're getting a 750W PSU? You know you don't have to pay that much for Windows, right? I would definitely look into getting a better SSD. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

14 minutes ago, Tonyx said:

what? 388 for motherboard and 35 for the ssd? 

motherboard is crazy expensive, 100% pointless spend so much for a motherboard, even more for just a 3600 and not a cpu like 5950x 

ssd looks miserable... 

140 for windows 10 license? seriously? you can get one for 10ish on other sites...

should have mentioned I'm not actually buying that, just a placeholder haha. any other white or silver motherboards you can recommend?

12 minutes ago, ProjectBox153 said:

I'm kind of confused at your choices. You're cheaping out on the SSD, but you're getting a 750W PSU? You know you don't have to pay that much for Windows, right? I would definitely look into getting a better SSD. 

how much power would I need? should I get a bigger SSD and no HDD and a less powerful PSU? I have no clue what I actually need power-wise...

You are spending almost half the budget on bling and well silly purchases that will not give you better performance. Like the motherboard for example.

As it currently is this pc is kinda crap for what you want to do with it ESPECIALLY for the price.

Much better computer for less.

Why these changes:

Better board. It's not white but hey at least it's not the most expensive part which a motherboard should never be.

Good ssd. Wd green drives are crap.

Normal psu. You can't see the psu in that case anyways so why pay extra? Sure cables are black now but that way they blend in with the board instead of stand out. Can always swap it back if you prefer.

Get windows on ebay for like 3$. Works fine as long as you use paypal.

Why do you need that case? You are focusing way too much on aesthetics. If you focus less on them you can fit a 5600x and 3080 in there!

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

7 minutes ago, GoldenGamer213 said:

how much power would I need? should I get a bigger SSD and no HDD and a less powerful PSU? I have no clue what I actually need power-wise...

The PSU is probably fine. I didn't think about having headroom for later expansion. I wouldn't necessarily get a larger SSD (though that doesn't hurt at all, and can be better), I'd just get a better SSD in general. The WD Green is a pretty low end drive. I'd try to get a WD Blue instead. If you spend a bit more for a higher capacity drive you can get something really speedy that's still affordable, and you have some budget to play with too. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

value for money intel 660p 500gb or 1tb is a nice nvme ssd

9 minutes ago, Downkey said:

Why do you need that case? You are focusing way too much on aesthetics. If you focus less on them you can fit a 5600x and 3080 in there!

holy shi+

13 minutes ago, jaslion said:

You are spending almost half the budget on bling and well silly purchases that will not give you better performance. Like the motherboard for example.

As it currently is this pc is kinda crap for what you want to do with it ESPECIALLY for the price.

Much better computer for less.

Why these changes:

Better board. It's not white but hey at least it's not the most expensive part which a motherboard should never be.

Good ssd. Wd green drives are crap.

Normal psu. You can't see the psu in that case anyways so why pay extra? Sure cables are black now but that way they blend in with the board instead of stand out. Can always swap it back if you prefer.

Get windows on ebay for like 3$. Works fine as long as you use paypal.

i completely didn't even think that you couldn't see the PSU. if it really bothers me I can always buy come white cables off amazon. and the SSD is a good point. i didnt realize how much bang for ur buck you can get at that price. thx

2 minutes ago, GoldenGamer213 said:

i completely didn't even think that you couldn't see the PSU. if it really bothers me I can always buy come white cables off amazon. and the SSD is a good point. i didnt realize how much bang for ur buck you can get at that price. thx

Downkeys build is also a very good option. It's better for gaming but I leaned more to the production aspect hence the older 8core and better ssd.