Low fps ? Why?

Hi , I recently upgraded to a RTX 3070 aorus master 8gb from a rx 5700 xt sapphire nitro 8gb oc, the problem here is that I feel like performance I get is less and quiet bad , 

I have a r5 3600 and 32 gb ram at 3200 MHz and the resolution I play is 1080 p

What can I do to improve the FPS, and why I don’t get the FPS I need to get ? The thing is that , I’ll give you this example , Fortnite , direct x12 setting high no dlss etc, frames are ok 170-180-200 but sometimes it dips really bad , really bad , for a couple of seconds 100-110-90 and I noticed that the gpu is not staying not even close to 80% usage and the usage of the cpu and gpu are almost the same, is this bottlenecking? I got more FPS from the amd one , is it driver issue ? I have 0 clues 

Also sorry for bad English , I didn’t sleep for 27 hours already I’m tired , I’m going to sleep , I hope I will get some answers , thanks a lot people !

Suss the 3600 on 5700XT vs 3070 in this video...
AMD has a Hardware Scheduler (Less CPU intensive) than Nvidia's Software Scheduler (CPU time needed to process)

This only was found out recently... (Not even two week old news)

Screenshot 2021-03-20 133209.jpg

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

8 minutes ago, RAM555789 said:

What version did you download for your drivers and did you clean out the old ones?

Just deleted them , I will do a clean install of windows tomorrow 

7 minutes ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

AMD has a Hardware Scheduler (Less CPU intensive) than Nvidia's Software Scheduler (CPU time needed to process)

So you saying is a driver problem ? Or that’s how nvidia works ?

Just now, TonnyM said:

So you saying is a driver problem ? Or that’s how nvidia works ?

Nvidia works that way, they can't do anything to change it on currently released GPU's.
Maybe when they add a HW-Scheduler to the next gen...

Drivers aside...(Clean Optimized system aside, DDU old drivers aside..) it's just how Nvidia's GPUs work right now vs older CPU's needing overhead for the driver operations.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

32 minutes ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

Nvidia works that way, they can't do anything to change it on currently released GPU's.
Maybe when they add a HW-Scheduler to the next gen...

Drivers aside...(Clean Optimized system aside, DDU old drivers aside..) it's just how Nvidia's GPUs work right now vs older CPU's needing overhead for the driver operations.

I noticed now when I played cod mw, all setting all the way up, if the usage of the cpu gets closer to the gpu one FPS will drown , when the gpu is the one using more power , I get more FPS, I know how that works but idk why the cpu keeps coming back, I’ll see what I can do tomorrow , FPS was good 170-190 , and I turned on the resolution up ,  not exactly 1080 p

15 minutes ago, TonnyM said:

I noticed now when I played cod mw, all setting all the way up, if the usage of the cpu gets closer to the gpu one FPS will drown , when the gpu is the one using more power , I get more FPS, I know how that works but idk why the cpu keeps coming back, I’ll see what I can do tomorrow , FPS was good 170-190 , and I turned on the resolution up ,  not exactly 1080 p

As shown in the Hardware Unboxed video, Nvidia has more CPU overhead, so if the game is pushing the CPU to max out, it'll drop your FPS. Is your 3600 actually being maxed at times though? This only matters if the CPU is hitting 100% or near it. 

Turning graphics settings or resolution up will also reduce any potential CPU bottleneck, as your GPU will be more likely to be the bottleneck. This would mitigate the big drops you might see when your CPU is maxxed

I guess you didn't see video that at 1080p AMD Radeon Cards usually better than Nvidia and Nvidia usually better at 1440p and 4k resolutions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLEIJhunaW8&t=985s

I ran into a very similar problem in the past (2013) with GTX Titan on an entirely new system that was better in every way, and the game ran slower than on my old system.  That was actually a driver support issue because the game I played was ancient and nobody played anymore, don't imagine that's what's happening with you.

1 - AMD just does better in lower resolutions compared to Nvidia.

2 - Check your power supply.  It Shouldn't affect your FPS in games (shouldn't but might if you're on the verge of instability/frying components), but the new cards power consumption spikes higher than previous generations.  I think your card compared to your previous recommends 100 more watts -- might not be it, probably not, but worth a look.  Overlooking the PSU is just not smart, every part is important, and it's job is to keep your system from getting fried.

3 - Play with some of your video settings like drawdistance if it's in your game.  Nvidia like to automatically set these things which end up causing lower FPS so that your games "look better" instead of play better.  That's kindof Nvidia's thing: Look better.  AMD: Play better.

That's all I got.  I wish you luck.  I'm not an expert, I just really like the stock.

CPU: Ryzen 5900X | GPU: ASRock 6900XT | Drive: SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2 1TB (x2) | RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z Royal Series 64GB DDR4 3600 14-15-15-35 | MB: MSI MEG X570 GODLIKE | PSU: Corsair AX1600i | Cooling: Noctua NH-D15 + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut | Case: Fractal Design Define 7

Yes, I share it with friends, and bought this at MSRP.  I was a listmaster for several days in NY.

1 hour ago, Jay427 said:

I ran into a very similar problem in the past (2013) with GTX Titan on an entirely new system that was better in every way, and the game ran slower than on my old system.  That was actually a driver support issue because the game I played was ancient and nobody played anymore, don't imagine that's what's happening with you.

1 - AMD just does better in lower resolutions compared to Nvidia.

2 - Check your power supply.  It Shouldn't affect your FPS in games (shouldn't but might if you're on the verge of instability/frying components), but the new cards power consumption spikes higher than previous generations.  I think your card compared to your previous recommends 100 more watts -- might not be it, probably not, but worth a look.  Overlooking the PSU is just not smart, every part is important, and it's job is to keep your system from getting fried.

3 - Play with some of your video settings like drawdistance if it's in your game.  Nvidia like to automatically set these things which end up causing lower FPS so that your games "look better" instead of play better.  That's kindof Nvidia's thing: Look better.  AMD: Play better.

That's all I got.  I wish you luck.  I'm not an expert, I just really like the stock.

I have a 650 W supply , 3 coolers in front one in the back with rgb , aio pump with 2 coolers rgb, ryzen 5 3600 , 3 mechanical hard drives , and a ssd

3 minutes ago, TonnyM said:

I have a 650 W supply , 3 coolers in front one in the back with rgb , aio pump with 2 coolers rgb, ryzen 5 3600 , 3 mechanical hard drives , and a ssd

2* drives and actually 2 ssd, 1 is a Kingston 128 gb and the other one is a nvme Corsair 1 tb 

5 hours ago, jamvng said:

As shown in the Hardware Unboxed video, Nvidia has more CPU overhead, so if the game is pushing the CPU to max out, it'll drop your FPS. Is your 3600 actually being maxed at times though? This only matters if the CPU is hitting 100% or near it. 

Turning graphics settings or resolution up will also reduce any potential CPU bottleneck, as your GPU will be more likely to be the bottleneck. This would mitigate the big drops you might see when your CPU is maxxed

The gpu usage is random tbh, in call of duty from what I noticed, but the cpu is high as well sometimes but goes down sometimes and does it over again , FPS are good but sometimes they dip to 150 but goes back to 170-180

5 hours ago, jamvng said:

My cpu never hits Max usage but sometimes goes over the usage of gpu 

5 hours ago, looniam said:

Spoke with nvidia live chat and they said yea they will do that in may like it is said there , so they fix cpu usage so gpu does most of the work and gain the extra FPS 

9 hours ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

ya... originally thought it was just an ampere problem, the drivers turning a 3070 into a 5700xt on a 5600x is a big problem they need to fix before next gen. 

5950x 1.33v 5.05 4.5 88C 195w ll R20 12k ll drp4 ll x570 dark hero ll gskill 4x8gb 3666 14-14-14-32-320-24-2T (zen trfc)  1.45v 45C 1.15v soc ll 6950xt gaming x trio 325w 60C ll samsung 970 500gb nvme os ll sandisk 4tb ssd ll 6x nf12/14 ippc fans ll tt gt10 case ll evga g2 1300w ll w10 pro ll 34GN850B ll AW3423DW

9900k 1.36v 5.1avx 4.9ring 85C 195w (daily) 1.02v 4.3ghz 80w 50C R20 temps score=5500 ll D15 ll Z390 taichi ult 1.60 bios ll gskill 4x8gb 14-14-14-30-280-20 ddr3666bdie 1.45v 45C 1.22sa/1.18 io  ll EVGA 30 non90 tie ftw3 1920//10000 0.85v 300w 71C ll  6x nf14 ippc 2000rpm ll 500gb nvme 970 evo ll l sandisk 4tb sata ssd +4tb exssd backup ll 2x 500gb samsung 970 evo raid 0 llCorsair graphite 780T ll EVGA P2 1200w ll w10p ll NEC PA241w ll pa32ucg-k

prebuilt 5800 stock ll 2x8gb ddr4 cl17 3466 ll oem 3080 0.85v 1890//10000 290w 74C ll 27gl850b ll pa272w ll w11

2 hours ago, xg32 said:

ya... originally thought it was just an ampere problem, the drivers turning a 3070 into a 5700xt on a 5600x is a big problem they need to fix before next gen. 

indeed , i was losing some FPS cause I had to do a clean install of the drivers , so I installed windows again and the drivers , a little bit improvement , but gpu won’t go near 90% usage , always 80-87 max , rarely in some games is 99 percent