BIOS update SSD not recognized

GreatnessRD

Hello,

I just updated my MSI b550 gaming plus motherboard to version E7C56AMS.150   Now I'm stuck in a BIOS boot loop. While I'm in the BIOS, I checked the system status and it recognizes my M.2 drive that I use for steam, but it doesn't detect my Sata SSD drive that has my OS. Is there a setting in the BIOS that might've flicked off that it isn't seeing the SSD now? The BIOS did update and shows the correct BIOS change and everything in the BIOS did reset, even my XMP profile. It just doesn't detect the SSD now. I turned the PC off and reseated the sata cable, but it still doesn't see it. My specs are in my signature if more info is needed. This is my first time encountering this as I've updated my BIOS before without problem. Any help is appreciate it, thank you guys much.

Leonidas Specs: Ryzen 7 5800X3D | AMD 6800 XT Midnight Black | MSI B550 Gaming Plus | Corsair Dominator CL16 3200 MHz  4x8 32GB | be quiet! Silent Base 802

Maximus Specs: Ryzen 7 3700x | AMD 6700 XT Power Color Fighter | Asrock B550M-Itx/AC | Corsair Vengeance CL 16 3200 MHz 2x8 16 GB | Fractal Ridge Case (HTPC)

Can you send a picture of the Boot order or just BIOS Boot settings in general so we may see if anything looks off?

CPU: Intel i7 9700K | Motherboard: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus | RAM: 8GB x 2 G.SKILL Ripjaws 3600MHz | GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2 80+ GOLD | Cooling: NOCTUA NH-D15 Chromax Black

4 minutes ago, Geeksta84 said:

Can you send a picture of the Boot order or just BIOS Boot settings in general so we may see if anything looks off?

You wouldn't believe me if I told you. I just turned the system on to get ready to take the pictures and it booted to the OS. I'm starting to believe either the sata cable is faulty or the port is faulty. I've had this happen before when I turned the PC off and then it would take like 5-8 power off reboots and it would magically work again. I assumed this time it might've been a setting from the BIOS since I did an update. This is so weird. However, if you still want me to take a pic just because I can even though its working again. Let me know. Thanks for taking the time to help regardless as well!

Leonidas Specs: Ryzen 7 5800X3D | AMD 6800 XT Midnight Black | MSI B550 Gaming Plus | Corsair Dominator CL16 3200 MHz  4x8 32GB | be quiet! Silent Base 802

Maximus Specs: Ryzen 7 3700x | AMD 6700 XT Power Color Fighter | Asrock B550M-Itx/AC | Corsair Vengeance CL 16 3200 MHz 2x8 16 GB | Fractal Ridge Case (HTPC)

No need for pics if it worked now haha, glad your up and running!

CPU: Intel i7 9700K | Motherboard: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus | RAM: 8GB x 2 G.SKILL Ripjaws 3600MHz | GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2 80+ GOLD | Cooling: NOCTUA NH-D15 Chromax Black