Is it okay to use high gpu clock in the long term ? specially in laptop

Hi, currently i use kinda dated laptop (GL62m 7Rdx) , and this thought came into my mind, is it okay to push gpu clock harder specially in laptop ?

Since i had thermal to spare ,after repaste and cpu undervolt years ago, i overclock the gpu clock and memory, without overvolt since i don't have the control on this laptop, is it okay tho ?

is 70 to low 80 good for long term use ? will the vrm hold up ?, or better to turn the overclock on and off as needed ?

Gpu clock is on 1987-1999 mhz and the memory 3750 ish

You wouldn't normally overclock laptops as they are tuned to maximize their clooking system. Though depends on the system. I wouldn't do it for a dated laptop

1 minute ago, _Dawnte_ said:

You wouldn't normally overclock laptops as they are tuned to maximize their clooking system. Though depends on the system. I wouldn't do it for a dated laptop

update : i push the gpu to 1987-1999mhz and the memory into 3750 ish

33 minutes ago, TukangKopi said:

update : i push the gpu to 1987-1999mhz and the memory into 3750 ish

Depends on your tier of laptop, laptops are more limited by their cooling capability when compare to standard PC. The worst part is you can not upgrade the cooling system in a laptop. Thus, if your temperature does not shot up significantly, you should be fine. But for my own use, I would not overclock any laptop.

Full time technology enthusiast, part time IT.

Can’t speak to the VRM at all.  A laptop will have a custom VRM without any easily accessible data on it. As a general rule silicon degradation from high heat happens so slowly that the rest of the laptop is likely to wear out before the cpu does at which point it no longer matters.  The problem is that there are a lot of components other than the cpu and they all have working maximum temperatures too, but they don’t have thermometers embedded in them.  The manufacturer will test these and set a Max operable speed.   Exceeding that speed might be ok for the cpu but not the other parts. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.