Question for the Australians.

Would be pretty similar out in the country too.

Moving to Melbourne next month myself :) not sure how that will go

Melbourne is pretty cool. Go check out the Mana Bar. Its a small shitty bar but its got 5 big screen TV's all hooked up to consoles. Its like a nerd cave. I loved it for the brief few minutes I was in there.

There are a lot of fairly small ones (5cm or less) where I live, almost all of them inside the house.

EDIT: *Picture removed* Sorry everyone.

They're not protected over here no, We have a bazillion of the bloody things xD

I thought they were, my information is like....10+ years old. Lol.

Melbourne is pretty cool. Go check out the Mana Bar. Its a small shitty bar but its got 5 big screen TV's all hooked up to consoles. Its like a nerd cave. I loved it for the brief few minutes I was in there.

Yeah I went there last year, Big fan of Zero Punctuation and heard Yahtzee owned it. I love how all the drinks are game themed!

There are a lot of fairly small ones (5cm or less) where I live, almost all of them inside the house. Here's a neat one from out bush a while back.

Don't think the OP is going to like that picture very much.

Please don't post images of spiders or similar creatures as I've had a couple of people PM me regarding the fact that they're terrified of them.

Melbourne, Sydney and Queensland are absolutely brilliant places to live, our cities are booming with culture and technology. Everywhere else in Australia seems a bit lackluster. There is a lot of scum and aboriginal settlements created by the governement then trashed because they want new ones, same with cars, they'll abandon them and destroy then and the government will give them new ones. It's one of Australia's best kept secrets, and it's completely true, I've seen it first hand.

Stay away from rural areas and you won't run into many any problems, couple cockroaches and crickets here and their, maybe a small white tail but that's it.

I highly recommend coming to live here, especially if you're coming from the US. Our quality of life, education, and economy is far better over here.

We're the most easy going and hard working people and you can always say hi :)

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

I hate spiders with a passion, but I'm more worried about drop bears. Those things are deadly, luckily I was born here in Aus so I'm less likely to be attacked.
http://www.australiangeographic.com.au/journal/drop-bears-prefer-travellers-says-study.htm

CPU: i7 4770k | GPU: Sapphire 290 Tri-X OC | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 2x8GB | MTB: GA-Z87X-UD5HCOOLER: Noctua NH-D14 | PSU: Corsair 760i | CASE: Corsair 550D | DISPLAY:  BenQ XL2420TE

Firestrike scores - Graphics: 10781 Physics: 9448 Combined: 4289

"Nvidia, Fuck you" - Linus Torvald

I live in Australia and I only see aleast see 2 or 3 huntsman spiders a year the only spider that is pretty creepy to me are red back spiders once there was a red back on my unmbela it scared the living out of me

You can't walk out of your own story - Rango

Where i live there are a ton of spiders but the only ones that actually come into the house are the huntsman and daddy long legs i actually keep the daddy long legs as they are useful and catch the other bugs and spiders

I see them but they rarely are the deadly ones. I live in a small town and i see  a lot, but yer not deadly ,they leave you alone as long as you don't stir them up.

I live in Cairns, Queensland and I have never seen a big spider in my house. I've seen a few snakes around my backyard although the most deadly thing here are the mosquitoes. I also get quite a few wallabies and peacocks on my front lawn. 

All I see are daddy long legs, no real deadly ones. Depends where you live really, as long as it is not in the bush or farmland you will be fine. Never seen a live wild snake before in my whole life living here, sure, I've seen a dead one but that is when we trespassed someones farmland to go fishing. I see a spider like once a month or 2 in my house but it is usually a harmless spider or non-deadly one. Nothing to be afraid of our wildlife, maybe them kangaroos though; seen a few of them in suburban areas jumping around.

Good Morning...

All I see are daddy long legs, no real deadly ones. Depends where you live really, as long as it is not in the bush or farmland you will be fine. Never seen a live wild snake before in my whole life living here, sure, I've seen a dead one but that is when we trespassed someones farmland to go fishing. I see a spider like once a month or 2 in my house but it is usually a harmless spider or non-deadly one. Nothing to be afraid of our wildlife, maybe them kangaroos though; seen a few of them in suburban areas jumping around.

There are a ton of Kangaroos where i live lol

I remember one of the first things I learnt when I got my P plates is that if you don't shut the window in the overnight, your car is going to be spider city

Check out my Trading Card Inventory, I probably have that one card you need

Gaming PC  Corsair C70 Arctic White ▪ MSI Z77 MPower ▪ i7-3770k, Core 4.0 GHz ▪ Patriot IEM 4 x 4GB @ 2133MHz ▪ 2 x Palit GTX 670 Jetstreams in SLI, Core 1250 MHz, Mem 3150 MHz ▪ OS on 128GB Samsung 840 Pro ▪ Silverstone ST85F-P w/ Fancy Silverstone Cables

Server ▫ Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey ▪ Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 ▪ i5-2500 ▪ Corsair Vengeance 2 x 4GB @ 1600MHz ▪ Asus GTX 550ti ▪ OS on 120GB Samsung 840 ▪ 5.2TB Storage Space ▪ Antex HCG 900