Question for the Australians.

Hi presumably Australians i have a question for you crazy people (you will understand why i think you are crazy in a moment)

So my question is, How do you live in Australia? It seems like a nice country and all that, but the bugs and spiders. i don't know how you can sleep at night knowing a 3 foot spider could eat your face off. I am deathly afraid of spiders and bugs but spiders especially i live in Arizona in the U.S. which has a lot of tarantulas but only in very small areas. i can handle the snakes and all that but the bugs. if i see a spider i cannot sleep for 3 days literally  so how often do you see spider large or small in the city? i would love to see Australia but with the spiders i literally wouldn't step a foot in there even for a trillion dollars. So i think you are crazy for living there with the nasty infestation of spiders.

thanks ya crazys.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

The wildlife is not the problem. Its the heat. You would melt before any animal got you.

The wildlife is not the problem. Its the heat. You would melt before any animal got you.

i live in arizona and we reach as high as 120 degrees F its a dry heat but believe me i could probably manage the heat like i said though the spiders i have seen those youtube videos of guys trying to get one with some plastic bowls so i know they be climbing in yo windows snatchin yo people up ya'll need to hide yo kids and hide yo wife cause them spiders be eatin everyone out here.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

i live in arizona and we reach as high as 120 degrees F its a dry heat but believe me i could probably manage the heat like i said though the spiders i have seen those youtube videos of guys trying to get one with some plastic bowls so i know they be climbing in yo windows snatchin yo people up ya'll need to hide yo kids and hide yo wife cause them spiders be eatin everyone out here.

Depending where you live in Australia, those type of spiders are rarely seen inside the house.

Depending where you live in Australia, those type of spiders are rarely seen inside the house.

ya key word RARELY. and with my luck i would end up visiting those areas

in the urban areas the 'wildlife" isnt really that much of a problem, occasionally you might see a dangerous spider but most of the time its just huntsman and daddy longlegs spiders (aka cellar spiders).

i7 930 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte X58A-UD7 | Seagate ST2000DX001 SSHD 2TB | WD5000AAKX 500GB | Samsung SH-B083A Bluray Drive | Gigabyte GTX 670 2GB GV-N670OC-2GD | Corsair 12GB 1600Mhz CMZ12GX3M3A1600C9 | Corsair H50 in Push Pull | SeaSonic X750 | CM 690 II Advanced | Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | HP 2159M 1080p | Asus ProArt PA238Q 23" 1080p IPS Monitor | Asus VS239H IPS 1080p (Portrait) | Razer BlackWidow Expert MX Blue (2011) | Razer Lachesis 5600

My sister lived in Melbourne for a few years, I visited a few months ago. Was too freaking hot, didnt see any creepy animals in the city though. Only when we went out to a wildlife park, and still then...the scariest thing we saw was a Koala. Aparently they eat people. ¯\(°_o)/¯

in the urban areas the 'wildlife" isnt really that much of a problem, occasionally you might see a dangerous spider but most of the time its just huntsman and daddy longlegs spiders (aka cellar spiders).

i dont like any spiders i had a heart attack today when i saw a spider on my ceiling and i flipped my crap and the guy installing my satelite was so freaked out that was kinda funny

My sister lived in Melbourne for a few years, I visited a few months ago. Was too freaking hot, didnt see any creepy animals in the city though. Only when we went out to a wildlife park, and still then...the scariest thing we saw was a Koala. Aparently they eat people. ¯\(°_o)/¯

you clearly havent seen this koala.

post-7522-0-34757300-1367656535.jpg

A few months ago I saw a huntsman spider about 10-15cm wide crawling across my wall, captured him in a bowl and put him outside

i7 930 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte X58A-UD7 | Seagate ST2000DX001 SSHD 2TB | WD5000AAKX 500GB | Samsung SH-B083A Bluray Drive | Gigabyte GTX 670 2GB GV-N670OC-2GD | Corsair 12GB 1600Mhz CMZ12GX3M3A1600C9 | Corsair H50 in Push Pull | SeaSonic X750 | CM 690 II Advanced | Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | HP 2159M 1080p | Asus ProArt PA238Q 23" 1080p IPS Monitor | Asus VS239H IPS 1080p (Portrait) | Razer BlackWidow Expert MX Blue (2011) | Razer Lachesis 5600

you clearly havent seen this koala.

HOLY SHIT....Imagine that emerging from a swamp and then chasing you down.

I think you watch too much tv. I live in Australia and rarely see spiders and the heat is awesome

whoever posted the spider please take it down im serious please that is really not cool you scared the shit out of me and now i wont sleep for days and i feel spiders crawling on me and im freaking the eff out please take it down or edit it out ore something please.

Its not that bad in the citys in the wild  (outside you know what that is ?) its kinda bad but most of the shit out there is weak so we survive its a good country STRAYA

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

whoever posted the spider please take it down im serious please that is really not cool you scared the shit out of me and now i wont sleep for days and i feel spiders crawling on me and im freaking the eff out please take it down or edit it out ore something please.

spiders are fucking awesome they are small as shit and u can crush there hopes and dreams with your foot

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

I'm in Melbourne and the most you'll see is a couple of possums on the power lines at night. 90% of the danger is overated though Kakadu and Arnhem Land - I'd be worried.

Not even sure if OP is serious here?

Animals aren't a problem at all, I lived out in dairy farming country on a farm most of my childhood and I'ld maybe see a redback spider once a week and a snake every two or so in the summer time. If you spray around your important areas at your house regularly you'll kill off spiders in any area they could be a problem and a quick whack over the head with a shovel and a snake is done with.

That's out on a farm but. Towns and Cities don't really have any problems

Not even sure if OP is serious here?

Animals aren't a problem at all, I lived out in dairy farming country on a farm most of my childhood and I'ld maybe see a redback spider once a week and a snake every two or so in the summer time. If you spray around your important areas at your house regularly you'll kill off spiders in any area they could be a problem and a quick whack over the head with a shovel and a snake is done with.

That's out on a farm but. Towns and Cities don't really have any problems

snakes i can handle its just the spiders

I'm in Melbourne and the most you'll see is a couple of possums on the power lines at night. 90% of the danger is overated though Kakadu and Arnhem Land - I'd be worried.

Are possums still a protected animal for you guys over there? I still think thats stupid, in NZ every one just wants to kill the damn things.

snakes i can handle its just the spiders

You would be unlucky to stumble across one, If your going to go out bush then there's no shortage of them. But anywhere near a house your pretty safe

Are possums still a protected animal for you guys over there? I still think thats stupid, in NZ every one just wants to kill the damn things.

in america (and im not proud of this) people go around and find the road kill possums and cook them and eat them. and its not poor people its usually the redneck white trash that do it. sometime i am ashamed of my country lol

You would be unlucky to stumble across one, If your going to go out bush then there's no shortage of them. But anywhere near a house your pretty safe

Tripping on some old busted cobblestone and breaking your ankle is probably more likely than getting bitten by anything deadly. In Melbourne anyway.

Tripping on some old busted cobblestone and breaking your ankle is probably more likely than getting bitten by anything deadly. In Melbourne anyway.

Would be pretty similar out in the country too.

Moving to Melbourne next month myself :) not sure how that will go

They're not protected over here no, We have a bazillion of the bloody things xD

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |