PC restarting by itself

ervistousi

My pc just turned off earlier and when i tried to restart it turns off again after few seconds, i can go into bios but after few seconds turns off again. Any help would be appriciated

sorry for my bad english 

My pc just turned off earlier and when i tried to restart it turns off again after few seconds, i can go into bios but after few seconds turns off again. Any help would be apriciated.

sorry for my bad english

I'm assuming it's a hardware failure, because it's nothing to do with the software/OS. Now, my guess would be that it's something PSU related, but it may as well be the CPU, GPU, RAM or hell, even the mobo. Something might be shorting in your case? For example, my PC was shutting off, bluescreening and freezing randomly until I found out that a cable at the back of my PC was shorting 2 RAM pins which caused failure. 

My suggestions (at least for now) would be:

• Reseating RAM
  • Reseating the CPU
  • Checking if everything's connected well and please, make sure to check the back of the case to make sure nothing's shorting because, again, I've had a very similar issue
  • Unplugging front I/O buttons and trying to turn the PC on by shorting the pins with the screwdriver (I know someone who's had the issue where his PC was randomly shutting off because the power button was damaged)

Not really sure what else to suggest, let us know if any of these have helped. In the meantime, someone else might pop up with some more suggestions. 

6 minutes ago, iMonstaa said:

I'm assuming it's a hardware failure, because it's nothing to do with the software/OS. Now, my guess would be that it's something PSU related, but it may as well be the CPU, GPU, RAM or hell, even the mobo. Something might be shorting in your case? For example, my PC was shutting off, bluescreening and freezing randomly until I found out that a cable at the back of my PC was shorting 2 RAM pins which caused failure. 

My suggestions (at least for now) would be:

• Reseating RAM
  • Reseating the CPU
  • Checking if everything's connected well and please, make sure to check the back of the case to make sure nothing's shorting because, again, I've had a very similar issue
  • Unplugging front I/O buttons and trying to turn the PC on by shorting the pins with the screwdriver (I know someone who's had the issue where his PC was randomly shutting off because the power button was damaged)

Not really sure what else to suggest, let us know if any of these have helped. In the meantime, someone else might pop up with some more suggestions. 

on bios ram, cpu and gpu seem fine, not sure how to check if the psu has a problem

Just now, ervistousi said:

on bios ram, cpu and gpu seem fine, not sure how to check if the psu has a problem

also the connections seemed fine too

2 minutes ago, ervistousi said:

As I said, try doing all of the steps I've mentioned above (particularly reseating/taking out and putting RAM back in)

PSU troubleshooting is a big pain so I don't really want to guide you through it, as I can't think of an easy way to do it, so I'd suggest to wait 'till someone else jumps in as well and gives some more suggestions. Would you mind giving us a bit more info about your hardware (particularly CPU, GPU, Mobo and PSU models)?

11 minutes ago, iMonstaa said:

As I said, try doing all of the steps I've mentioned above (particularly reseating/taking out and putting RAM back in)

PSU troubleshooting is a big pain so I don't really want to guide you through it, as I can't think of an easy way to do it, so I'd suggest to wait 'till someone else jumps in as well and gives some more suggestions. Would you mind giving us a bit more info about your hardware (particularly CPU, GPU, Mobo and PSU models)?

cpu: Ryzen7 2700x 

gpu: gigabyte 1660ti

motherboard:msi  x470 gming pro max ATX

psu: corsair txm series TX650M semi modular

-= Topics Merged =-

Please do not multi-post Topics.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

5 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

-= Topics Merged =-

Please do not multi-post Topics.

Thank you for merging! Far easier to track now.

24 minutes ago, ervistousi said:

cpu: Ryzen7 2700x 

gpu: gigabyte 1660ti

motherboard:msi  x470 gming pro max ATX

psu: corsair txm series TX650M semi modular

hmm... just to confirm, RAM is in slots 2 & 4 or 1 & 3? If not, make sure to put them in either of the two, because of Dual channel.
Did you try reseating?

Just now, iMonstaa said:

hmm... just to confirm, RAM is in slots 2 & 4 or 1 & 3? If not, make sure to put them in either of the two, because of Dual channel.
Did you try reseating?

ram is 2 and 4, i tried reseating them too, i turned it on again went on bios and everything was showing but it turned off after about a minutet

43 minutes ago, ervistousi said:

ram is 2 and 4, i tried reseating them too, i turned it on again went on bios and everything was showing but it turned off after about a minutet

Very strange. Well, honestly, I've got no idea...