Rate my build plan

Jkn

Hey,

please rate my build plan / advices on possible improvements. All the parts have been reserved for me, changes are still possible.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Jkn/saved/#view=zfYfyc

Cpu : Ryzen 5900x

Cpu Cooler : Kraken Z73

Mobo : Asus Crosshair dark hero viii

Gpu : Asus rog strix rtx3080 white Oc edt.

Psu: Seasonic Prime px 850W

Ssd: Samsung pro 980 1tb

Ram: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32gb,3600 cl16 (2x16)

Case : Fractal Desing Define 7 White

17 minutes ago, Jkn said:

Hey,

please rate my build plan / advices on possible improvements. All the parts have been reserved for me, changes are still possible.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Jkn/saved/#view=zfYfyc

Cpu : Ryzen 5900x

Cpu Cooler : Kraken Z73

Mobo : Asus Crosshair dark hero viii

Gpu : Asus rog strix rtx3080 white Oc edt.

Psu: Seasonic Prime px 850W

Ssd: Samsung pro 980 1tb

Ram: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32gb,3600 cl16 (2x16)

Case : Fractal Desing Define 7 White

overall solid, but I would recommend an airflow case over the fractial design define 7, something like for example the corsair 275r airflow or 4000-5000D airflow (both have white colors), or you can just go with the phanteks p300A mesh (doesn't have a white option as far as I know)

Make sure to quote me if you want me to respond

Turn your Mobile VR or PSVR Headset into a working 6DoF SteamVR one guide/tutorial (below):

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My PC

8 minutes ago, jwwagner25 said:

pretty weak parts overall. are you on a tight budget?

/s

Couldnt afford better, have to make the most of these, but your input was extremely helpful, thanks!

1 hour ago, GorujoCY said:

overall solid, but I would recommend an airflow case over the fractial design define 7, something like for example the corsair 275r airflow or 4000-5000D airflow (both have white colors), or you can just go with the phanteks p300A mesh (doesn't have a white option as far as I know)

Thanks for your opinion, that was the only thing I wasnt sure about. I decided to cancel the define 7, and go

for the lian li o11 xl since I like the looks and got a good deal, planning on putting 1 fan on the back, 3 top,3side and 3 down

11 minutes ago, Jkn said:

Couldnt afford better, have to make the most of these, but your input was extremely helpful, thanks!

Hi mate, now I'm not sure if you are also being sarcastic. To be clear, I was kidding, the parts you chose are just about as high-end and 'nice' as they could possibly be.

Honestly if it were me, I would *downgrade* a few things to save money/get more (other) parts. For example, getting a smaller size gen4 nvme (256gb) for boot drive, and add a 2tb gen3 nvme and/or 2tb sata 2.5" for additional storage. 

best of luck!

Jake

16 minutes ago, jwwagner25 said:

Hi mate, now I'm not sure if you are also being sarcastic. To be clear, I was kidding, the parts you chose are just about as high-end and 'nice' as they could possibly be.

Honestly if it were me, I would *downgrade* a few things to save money/get more (other) parts. For example, getting a smaller size gen4 nvme (256gb) for boot drive, and add a 2tb gen3 nvme and/or 2tb sata 2.5" for additional storage. 

best of luck!

Jake

Hey,

was being sarcastic 🙂  The only parts I were unsure about, as mentioned above, were the case and ram. I though about what you said as well, but I mean spending this much money already, a 100usd doesnt really make a difference. System wont be used only for game but also for calculations. Thanks for your opinion!

- Jyri

Add 4TB HDD and youre golden.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

4 hours ago, Jkn said:

Thanks for your opinion, that was the only thing I wasnt sure about. I decided to cancel the define 7, and go

for the lian li o11 xl since I like the looks and got a good deal, planning on putting 1 fan on the back, 3 top,3side and 3 down

yeah the lian li o11 is a beast, dont miss that oppportunity

Make sure to quote me if you want me to respond

Turn your Mobile VR or PSVR Headset into a working 6DoF SteamVR one guide/tutorial (below):

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My PC