Turn on Cooler without CPU

Vinicius Vargas
Go to solution Solved by Pikatchu,

If you have a system that works, you can just plug in the Sata/Molex power cable that powers the pump.

Fan is optional since you're not cooling anything.

If you meant that by not having a working PC to power on, you can plug in the Sata/molex power cable and jump the 24pin with a jumper.

Is there a way to turn on my water cooler (Corsair H45 AIO) externally to check if water flows properly (I mean without coupling it to cpu)?

The cooler is old and was making some noise and not cooling the CPU properly, so I opened it to try to fix. Now I want to check if there are any water leaks without compromising the cpu and board in case there are.

If you have a system that works, you can just plug in the Sata/Molex power cable that powers the pump.

If you meant that by not having a working PC to power on, you can plug in the Sata/molex power cable and jump the 24pin with a jumper.

Full time technology enthusiast, part time IT.

9 minutes ago, Pikatchu said:

Thank you. I was afraid that letting the PC initialize without Cooler coupled to CPU would overheat the CPU. No problems if I turn it off in short time, right? Or do I just remove the CPU before turning the power on?

1 minute ago, Vinicius Vargas said:

Thank you. I was afraid that letting the PC initialize without Cooler coupled to CPU would overheat the CPU. No problems if I turn it off in short time, right? Or do I just remove the CPU before turning the power on?

Don't turn on the PC without CPU cooling, use a stock cooler if you can.

Or just put the AIO on without paste, it should be fine for short time.

I assumed you have watched Linus or other youtubers turning on their system without a CPU cooler to check. That is a do as they say not as they do moment.

Full time technology enthusiast, part time IT.