Asus Tuff B-450 BIOS FlashBack

Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I get the new BIOS then I run the rename tool. Put the usb into the FLBK usb port. Then hold the button down for three seconds until it starts flashing. It's supposed to keep blinking faster until it then goes out, The Motherboard is an Asus Tuf Gaming Plus II - microATX with a AMD Ryzen 5 3600 

When I do this, the light starts flashing! However, as soon as I let the button go, the light turns solid green and stays that way. In the videos I have watched so far. Nobody ever says what a solid green light means... Any help?

I thought the green light meant it was on. and turns off when it finishes.

Have you got the USB stick formatted correctly?

if you can get into the bios, just use the bios flash tool to update it

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Motherboard Asus Strix B550i | RAM 32gb 3200 Crucial Ballistix | GPU Nvidia RTX 3070 Founder Edition | Cooling Barrow CPU/PUMP Block, EKWB Vector GPU Block, Corsair 280mm Radiator | Case NZXT H1 | Storage Sabrent Rocket 2tb, Samsung SM951 1tb

PSU NZXT S650 SFX Gold | Display Acer Predator XB271HU | Keyboard Corsair K70 Lux | Mouse Corsair M65 Pro  

Sound Logitech Z560 THX | Operating System Windows 10 Pro

I can't get to the BIOS, the motherboard doesn't recognize the processor. That's why I need to update the BIOS

In the days beginning the use of what is now known as a three colored stop light is the  birthplace of the thought that green light meant go and red light meant stop.  With the advancement of technology the idea of green go and red stop was then started and has continued on ever since.

Of course, everyone knows that red actually means that you didn't go fast enough.

Sorry, the above statement is something I just made up killing time while my system goes through collecting the dust on the hard drive because it doesn't get used much since the SSD installation.  I'm beginning to think that deleting the partition would have been quicker than using the FORMAT command.

Once again, pardon me for ranting.  It's been a long day and it looks like my new cpu, mobo and ram will have to wait until tomorrow for Fedex to arrive.   

25 minutes ago, James N. said:

I can't get to the BIOS, the motherboard doesn't recognize the processor. That's why I need to update the BIOS

The board should pickup the 3600 without a BIOS update.

it was only the new 5000 series that needed updates.

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Motherboard Asus Strix B550i | RAM 32gb 3200 Crucial Ballistix | GPU Nvidia RTX 3070 Founder Edition | Cooling Barrow CPU/PUMP Block, EKWB Vector GPU Block, Corsair 280mm Radiator | Case NZXT H1 | Storage Sabrent Rocket 2tb, Samsung SM951 1tb

PSU NZXT S650 SFX Gold | Display Acer Predator XB271HU | Keyboard Corsair K70 Lux | Mouse Corsair M65 Pro  

found this 

"If the BIOS FlashBack LED turns solid after you initiate the process, the tool has run into a problem. This may indicate that there is an issue with the BIOS file you are attempting to use, the formatting of your flash drive"

Make sure the USB stick is formatted FAT16/FAT32

download the BIOS again, use the rename tool.

put it in the root folder.

and use this port

image.png.4d0d2acf7817060ce953eb50bb5872de.png

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

Yeah! Something just isn't right with this board. I have tried numerous BIOS now, all with the same results. Then in the middle of all that. The rgb on the stealth cooler went out. Fans still works though. It's like "REALLY!". Got a replacement coming tomorrow. This is what I get when I cheap out and buy AMD.

See , that was the port I though it was which made sense. That is not the bios flash port. Tried it over and over with no luck. I did a little more digging and found out, that was wrong. In your picture the BIOS port is actually circled number 10. 

image.png

15 minutes ago, James N. said:

Yeah! Something just isn't right with this board. I have tried numerous BIOS now, all with the same results. Then in the middle of all that. The rgb on the stealth cooler went out. Fans still works though. It's like "REALLY!". Got a replacement coming tomorrow. This is what I get when I cheap out and buy AMD.

I think youve just been unlucky

ive been Intel for a long time

just replaced my 7700k for a 5600x and Asus b550i motherboard

my sons PC is similar to yours

3600 with the Asus TUF B450m Pro

had no issues with either.

on my Strix b550i I had to use the bios flashback to get the 5600x

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

6 minutes ago, James N. said:

See , that was the port I though it was which made sense. That is not the bios flash port. Tried it over and over with no luck. I did a little more digging and found out, that was wrong. In your picture the BIOS port is actually circled number 10. 

image.png

yeah just found a photo with the I/O shield

image.thumb.png.3869b33968ea84a92e9f38c137f87c77.png

so it should be in that one

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

6 minutes ago, shaz2sxy said:

I think youve just been unlucky

Story of my life... Doh!

41 minutes ago, James N. said:

So, did you succeed after switching the port you were using?

Personally, in regard to BIOS flashback, on my MSI board, some USB drives simply don't work for it. Even if it's formatted correctly and all that, doesn't work. But it works with another usb drives... It can be weird like that (it didn't work with a cheap no-name sub $5 flash drive, but did with a slightly more expensive Patriot flash drive).

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Yes Sir, I tried two different USB's, still nothing.

I have tried different usbs and ports just to make sure. This board is just a pos. Hope the replacement works out better. If that one doesn't work either, I guess I'll try a b-550 next.

Never ending problems every time I have to deal with AMD products.

-> Moved to CPUs, Motherboards and Memory

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Replacement board was delivered today. At work at the moment but, it's ON when I get home. Wish me luck guys!

Ok. New board at least took the BIOS updates. However, as far as the end results, nothing changed. Still no post, no monitor. During this time though, the RGB on the Stealth Cooler went out. Now, I have a legitimate reason to send the Ryzen 5 3600 back. I'm going back to Intel...