Nexus 5 Wifi Strength

Hello LTT!

I'm asking those with a nexus 5 to post their experiences with the WiFi strength on the nexus 5. I feel as though my nexus 5's WiFi strength is not as strong as it should be. It is stock unrooted on 4.4.2, and I have a Dlink router. When I move to about ~11-13 feet away, the signal drops a bar from full and sometimes goes back to full. I am wondering if it is just mine, or if others with nexus 5s also experience poor wifi strength on the nexus 5, or I am just paranoid about a bar loss at ~10-13 feet away. 

Thanks, guas5373

Hello LTT!

I'm asking those with a nexus 5 to post their experiences with the WiFi strength on the nexus 5. I feel as though my nexus 5's WiFi strength is not as strong as it should be. It is stock unrooted on 4.4.2, and I have a Dlink router. When I move to about ~11-13 feet away, the signal drops a bar from full and sometimes goes back to full. I am wondering if it is just mine, or if others with nexus 5s also experience poor wifi strength on the nexus 5, or I am just paranoid about a bar loss at ~10-13 feet away. 

Thanks, guas5373

the visual signal strength doesn't show or prove jack.

If you want to see if the signal strength is actually getting a lot lower than download speedtest on your nexus and then test at close range then at long range and you'll see how much of a speed difference you are getting. 

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

It's probably not your phone, but your crappy Dlink router. I have no lower then 2 bars (speeds are still +500Mbps) anywhere in the house, that with a decent WiFi solution.

It's probably not your phone, but your crappy Dlink router. I have no lower then 2 bars (speeds are still +500Mbps) anywhere in the house, that with a decent WiFi solution.

What's your wifi solution?

What's your wifi solution?

I have some Ubiquiti AP's set out throughout the house. That gives far better results then any router/AP combo.

I have some Ubiquiti AP's set out throughout the house. That gives far better results then any router/AP combo.

Do you own a Nexus 5? If so, do you experience poor wifi signals?

Do you own a Nexus 5? If so, do you experience poor wifi signals?

Yes I have a Nexus 5, and like I said before, my speeds are more then decent over WiFi.