Windows XP - No Video Driver

So for the past year, I've been trying to get Windows XP to run natively on my 2014 Lenovo B50-70 laptop. I only succeeded yesterday, as at last the conditions were perfect, where I installed it with E2B successfully, the HDD was in MBR and such. However I quickly discovered a problem; There does not exist a single video driver for the integrated or AMD GPU it has; I looked everywhere. I tried some chipset drivers, nothing works. It's stuck without a video driver and it sucks bad, video playback barely works at a somewhat close to 25-30 FPS when you make the window small.

The GPU's are the Radeon R5 M230 and the Intel HD Graphics 4400. Does anyone know of anything I could do? Maybe somehow apply Windows 7 drivers to XP?

Do not question why I installed it, I just find it fun and I like XP and using XP. I installed Windows XP 32-bit SP3 by the way.

Considering 2014 was the year where XP reached its end of support I'm not surprised there are no drivers for it. Checked lenovos site and it only had gpu drivers for 7 and up. Doubt the win7 drivers will work on xp, they're quite different OSes. 

Holy crap, just used Driver Booster PRO to scan, and it FOUND one for the Intel GPU, sometime from 2013. Let's see....

Welp, after it installed, Windows XP now gives me 0x50 PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA BSOD just before the login screen. Great.

3 minutes ago, tmunited99 said:

Welp, after it installed, Windows XP now gives me 0x50 PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA BSOD just before the login screen. Great.

Oh that's unfortunate. You can go into safe mode and uninstall the driver. 

45 minutes ago, tmunited99 said:

So for the past year, I've been trying to get Windows XP to run natively on my 2014 Lenovo B50-70 laptop. I only succeeded yesterday, as at last the conditions were perfect, where I installed it with E2B successfully, the HDD was in MBR and such. However I quickly discovered a problem; There does not exist a single video driver for the integrated or AMD GPU it has; I looked everywhere. I tried some chipset drivers, nothing works. It's stuck without a video driver and it sucks bad, video playback barely works at a somewhat close to 25-30 FPS when you make the window small.

The GPU's are the Radeon R5 M230 and the Intel HD Graphics 4400. Does anyone know of anything I could do? Maybe somehow apply Windows 7 drivers to XP?

Do not question why I installed it, I just find it fun and I like XP and using XP. I installed Windows XP 32-bit SP3 by the way.

Intel drivers should be available Link here as for AMD, that will be difficult. You can try windows 7 32 bit drivers but I doubt those would work. Maybe the windows 7 64 bit drivers if you were to use Windows XP 64 instead.

So, very interesting discovery; launching into VGA mode works. The video driver is functioning, it is being detected and such. However, due to it being VGA mode, it's in like 640x480. The moment I try to change the resolution higher, it bluscreens. This time with 0x8E, which is also PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. I wonder if this is RAM related; I mean, being an integrated GPU, it takes a part of RAM for it's VRAM. Could that be interfering with XP? I'm honestly just brainstorming and trying everything.

23 hours ago, tmunited99 said:

So, very interesting discovery; launching into VGA mode works. The video driver is functioning, it is being detected and such. However, due to it being VGA mode, it's in like 640x480. The moment I try to change the resolution higher, it bluscreens. This time with 0x8E, which is also PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. I wonder if this is RAM related; I mean, being an integrated GPU, it takes a part of RAM for it's VRAM. Could that be interfering with XP? I'm honestly just brainstorming and trying everything.

Thats not RAM issue, more likely you have low pagefile or something to do with the drive. And iGPU only takes like up to 1Gb of RAM. So unless this thing has under 2Gb of RAM, its not really issue.

On 3/11/2021 at 11:56 AM, Applefreak said:

Maybe the windows 7 64 bit drivers if you were to use Windows XP 64 instead.

WinXP 64bit was so rare, that I doubt thats the case.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv