Is This Headset Worth It?

NoxiousTed

I was planning on buying a headset and I looked around for a while. My setup is a messy wire mess and I wanted to get everything I can to be wireless. I found this because it matches kind of the color scheme I was going for. I know nothing about headphones and I've been chilling with some cheap Redragon headphones for a while. Of course those over time fall apart. I'm having the one sided wire movement problem now. I'm not really picky, or fancy, but I wanted something that would last a long time. I'm not concerned about the BEST audio ever either. If these aren't the greatest, I'd be willing to go for something else. My scheme is like white, blue, and black. Also, I'd prefer wireless. 

https://steelseries.com/gaming-headsets/arctis-7p?color=white

What are you going to be using them for? And do you care that much about sound quality? Is mic quality a variable? How much money do you feel comfortable spending on a headset?

As you can see, my mind has many quastions.

haha broskie like dab my guy

9 minutes ago, MightyMishka said:

What are you going to be using them for? And do you care that much about sound quality? Is mic quality a variable? How much money do you feel comfortable spending on a headset?

As you can see, my mind has many quastions.

I have a Snowball, so mic isn't really in my mind. That's why I like the fact you can hide the mic on that one. At the same time though, if anything were to happen to my snowball I'd rather have one on my headset, you know? Sound quality isn't my #1 priority, just something that lasts long. I've always wore cheap headsets and earbuds, so I wouldn't really care. Honestly, I've probably never experienced like the best sound quality. I just know how REALLY cheap headphones sound. Like the horrible bass and unbearable static. Right now I have $50 saved back, and I'm sure I can fetch out $100. I guess this is my actual limit I'd spend. Around $170. 

1 minute ago, NoxiousTed said:

I have a Snowball, so mic isn't really in my mind. That's why I like the fact you can hide the mic on that one. At the same time though, if anything were to happen to my snowball I'd rather have one on my headset, you know? Sound quality isn't my #1 priority, just something that lasts long. I've always wore cheap headsets and earbuds, so I wouldn't really care. Honestly, I've probably never experienced like the best sound quality. I just know how REALLY cheap headphones sound. Like the horrible bass and unbearable static. Right now I have $50 saved back, and I'm sure I can fetch out $100. I guess this is my actual limit I'd spend. Around $170. 

If you wanted to ho cheaper, I'd say the Corsair HS70 Pro. You can unplug the mic on it and it comes in a variety of colors, and I think it come in white and beige. Otherwise, the Arctis 7 will work out awesome!

2 minutes ago, MightyMishka said:

If you wanted to ho cheaper, I'd say the Corsair HS70 Pro. You can unplug the mic on it and it comes in a variety of colors, and I think it come in white and beige. Otherwise, the Arctis 7 will work out awesome!

Thank you! I was hoping I was choosing the right one. I've watched a lot of reviews on things in the past and just because they are expensive doesn't mean they are good. Didn't want to get scammed in get a whole deal with RMA. 

1 minute ago, NoxiousTed said:

Thank you! I was hoping I was choosing the right one. I've watched a lot of reviews on things in the past and just because they are expensive doesn't mean they are good. Didn't want to get scammed in get a whole deal with RMA. 

Hope it works out for you!

2 hours ago, NoxiousTed said:

I was planning on buying a headset and I looked around for a while. My setup is a messy wire mess and I wanted to get everything I can to be wireless. I found this because it matches kind of the color scheme I was going for. I know nothing about headphones and I've been chilling with some cheap Redragon headphones for a while. Of course those over time fall apart. I'm having the one sided wire movement problem now. I'm not really picky, or fancy, but I wanted something that would last a long time. I'm not concerned about the BEST audio ever either. If these aren't the greatest, I'd be willing to go for something else. My scheme is like white, blue, and black. Also, I'd prefer wireless. 

https://steelseries.com/gaming-headsets/arctis-7p?color=white

hyperX cloud 2 wireless or hyperX cloud flight

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

Beyerdynamic Tygr 300 R w/ Dekoni Velour as daily driver

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > SteelSeries Apex Pro

Mouse > Steelseries Aerox 3 wireless

Mousepad > Pulsar ParaSpeed XXL

VR > Valve index kit

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)