Graphic card Recommendation

Lakshya Siddhi

What is a good Graphics card for r5 2400g? Planning to upgrade after everything gets back to normal.......

Ryzen 5 2400G -B450M DS3H Motherboard (Gigabyte) - 16GB RAM (CL 16, 3000MHz) - 240GB SSD (Kingston) - 1TB HDD(Seagate) - 450W PSU (Corsair) 

What kind of game you want to play and which resolution you want to play at would be nice for us to help you, cuz i have no idea what game you plan to play or things you want to do with a gpu

CPU Intel Core i7 9700F GPU Galax RTX 3070 EX (1 Click OC) Motherboard : Asrock B365M Pro4 CPU Cooler : be quiet! Dark Rock 4 RAM : (2x8) 16Gb Kingston HyperX Predator 2666mhz SSD : PNY CS2130 1 TB M.2-2280 PSU : Corsair RM 650 (2019) 80+ Gold Fully modular Case : Empire Gaming Diamond Monitor : ACER EG240YPbipx - 23,8" - IPS - 2ms - 165Hz  Keyboard : Motospeed CK61 / Spirit of gamer XK500 Mouse : LOCX GXT133 Heaphone : Sony WH-1000X M3 Headphone

3 minutes ago, Lakshya Siddhi said:

What is a good Graphics card for r5 2400g? Planning to upgrade after everything gets back to normal.......

resolution? Use case? Games/applications you want to play/use?

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

Planning to play esports games and few AAA games 

Ryzen 5 2400G -B450M DS3H Motherboard (Gigabyte) - 16GB RAM (CL 16, 3000MHz) - 240GB SSD (Kingston) - 1TB HDD(Seagate) - 450W PSU (Corsair) 

More importantly, are you prepared to get raked over the coals for a card? Becuase this is a rather bad time to buy a card, everything is either Out of Stock, or stupidly overpriced, thanks to scalpers, shortages, production ramp-up issues and so forth

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

5 minutes ago, Downkey said:

6 minutes ago, Downkey said:

Planning to play esports games and few AAA games 

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

More importantly, are you prepared to get raked over the coals for a card? Becuase this is a rather bad time to buy a card, everything is either Out of Stock, or stupidly overpriced, thanks to scalpers, shortages, production ramp-up issues and so forth

I'm planning to buy after all this gets back to normal not anytime soon

4 minutes ago, Lakshya Siddhi said:

So basically you plan to play mostly competitive games (CSGO or other fps games, league of legends, fortnite... )? Is that correct?

4 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Even if it is a bad time we can advice some cards which he could buy later on, that wouldn't be an issue i think

Edited by LightCrimson
Forgot to add some game examples

CPU Intel Core i7 9700F GPU Galax RTX 3070 EX (1 Click OC) Motherboard : Asrock B365M Pro4 CPU Cooler : be quiet! Dark Rock 4 RAM : (2x8) 16Gb Kingston HyperX Predator 2666mhz SSD : PNY CS2130 1 TB M.2-2280 PSU : Corsair RM 650 (2019) 80+ Gold Fully modular Case : Empire Gaming Diamond Monitor : ACER EG240YPbipx - 23,8" - IPS - 2ms - 165Hz  Keyboard : Motospeed CK61 / Spirit of gamer XK500 Mouse : LOCX GXT133 Heaphone : Sony WH-1000X M3 Headphone

2 minutes ago, LightCrimson said:

So basically you plan to play mostly competitive games? Is that correct?

Even if it is a bad time we can advice some cards which he could buy later on, that wouldn't be an issue i think

True, but some of the people who ask this question wanted it now, or don't mention they are just window shopping, so I give my stock answer, lest they think the current prices are acceptable.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 minute ago, LightCrimson said:

So basically you plan to play mostly competitive games? Is that correct?

Yeah like Fortnite PUBG and other along with some titles like farcry, shadow of the tombs, resident evil occasionally

I'm planning to buy after all this gets back to normal not anytime soon

Planning to play esports games and few AAA games 

Maybe a 1660 super 

3 minutes ago, curiousmind34 said:

Maybe a 1660 super 

I'm hoping for lower 100 fps, can that deliver with ease on max settings??

Just now, Lakshya Siddhi said:

I'm slightly leaning towards lower 100, can that deliver with ease on max settings??

lower 10 series (1050ti/1060) should be able to hit 1080p 144hz on comp games with comp settings and lowering settings in aaa games will give you a 1080p 60 experience. I don't have benchmarks but it's somewhere around there from what I have seen. Max settings on a 5 year old graphics card is generally not going to happen unless you want 1080p 60 in esports.

1 minute ago, Lakshya Siddhi said:

Yeah like Fortnite PUBG and other along with some titles like farcry, shadow of the tombs, resident evil occasionally

Idk about what resolutions you still want to play at but lets figure that you wanna switch at 1080p and 1440p depending of the title if you prefer performance or better visuals, i would personnally advice an rtx 3060 at MSRP, which would allow you to pretty run anything at max settings over 100fps for competitive games at 1080p or even 1440p depending of the title, and 60 fps for a more demanding title, without issues at a relatively good pricing. You could go for an rtx 3060 ti if you wanted to squeeze out more performance and allow more room for comfortable fps. I still need to see the RX 6700 XT in action before maybe putting it into the list.

20 minutes ago, Lakshya Siddhi said:

I'm hoping for lower 100 fps, can that deliver with ease on max settings??

About your CPU, it would probably bottleneck the GPU unless you want to play on a lower end card with some graphic compromises so you may consider to upgrade it to a ryzen 3600 (If you have a compatible motherboard that would save you some money) or an i5 10400. 
Basically :
The budget upgrade 100fps+ with graphic compromises you will have better prices with older used cards like a 1660ti, a 1070 or even a used RTX 2060 
The mid budget upgrade : 100fps+ no graphic compromises for most titles at 1080p = used rtx 2070 super, rx 5700xt you can even push at 1440p over 60fps no sweat, just make sure to tweaks some settings depending of the title if its more demanding. May require a CPU upgrade to make sure there is no bottleneck at all.
The "all out" upgrade : RTX 3060, 3060ti or even a rtx 3070 for pure power, paired with a ryzen 3600 or a i5 10400 and at best a ryzen 5 5600x but you will need to change the motherboard probably for the two last options. 
Also don't forget than ryzen CPUs especially love high speed RAM so you could need to upgrade it too.

I would go for something like a 1060/1660(s/ti) or rx 580. Your processor will be a bottleneck with faster cards.