Connected 2k Monitor - Most apps on windows "not responding"

yabbo

Currently running a gtx 1060 3gb GPU with an i5 6600k CPU and 16gb ram on a dual boot hackintosh. Main OS on SSD. Here is my current monitor setup:

• 24'' Dell 1080p via HDMI
  • 27'' Dell 1080p via DVI
  • 27'' Asus 2k via DVI

Before the 27'' Asus I was using a 24'' Apple Cinema Display to complete the 3 monitor setup and everything was working fine. After connecting the Asus, performance has slowly started to degrade on Windows to the point where the file browser freezes/crashes regularly, when Steam does load it freezes before I can load a game, Photoshop takes almost 5 minutes to load (usually crashes before that point, however). Other apps like GOG won't even load anymore. It doesn't look like anything extreme is happening in the task manager regarding CPU spikes. Tried shutting off monitors when using steam but no luck. 

I mention the hackintosh because everything still works great when I boot into OSX - no lag on photoshop, steam loads fine, etc. 

Am I trying to push too much for the specs? Windows has become almost unusable regarding apps that require any processing power. "Not responding" with a tinted overlay seems to be my main experience as of late for almost all apps.