No present AIO's will fit Alder Lake CPU's

Tom Sunday

I noticed is that the later this year arriving Alder Lake generation has a substantially larger 'rectangular shaped' CPU. (500 more pins and LGA 1700) Will thus all current CPU cooler manufactures be requiring to producing a cooling product specifically made or taylored for and or fitting the Alder Lake CPU? I am not sure if Intel themselves have taken an official position on this "sizing matter" because ultimately for them it will come down to assuring warranties, performance and quelling marketing concerns. If the sizing issue is true and or legit, buying a new AIO in the next few months will prove futile, unless those manufacturers will offer free retrofits or new pump headers, etc. This will also be applying to all currently marketed footprints of air-coolers. For me I will hold my horses until I hear something official from Intel. But so far all has been quite on the Intel front on this subject. Thoughts?

Lots of companies offered an adapter kit, either free or cheap, for AM4. I suspect you'll see some of that for LGA 1700 and AM5, if the spacing on AM5 is different.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.