is this possible ? (windows 10 update)

ElectroBrocoli

Hi i have a laptop that runs windows 10 x64 on celeron n3150 and 2gb ddr3, i want to update this laptop OS to 20H2 update but it doesn't show it, it is stuck on 1909, now i also want to reset thiss laptop. is it possible to do both with media creation tool for windows 20H2 ?

@ElectroBrocoli Not completely sure but

try this. download the media creation tool, let it download windows 10, select if you want to keep your files or not. it will install an older version but it should automatically update during the install..

2 minutes ago, MoJoMax said:

@ElectroBrocoli Not completely sure but

try this. download the media creation tool, let it download windows 10, select if you want to keep your files or not. it will install an older version but it should automatically update during the install..

okay i'll try it, i don't mind mucj about stored data since this is second hand laptop so nyeh i'll not keep my file

why are you using windows on 2gb ram and a slow processor? switch to linux mint and you will have a much better time, 

1 hour ago, The_Vaccine said:

why are you using windows on 2gb ram and a slow processor? switch to linux mint and you will have a much better time, 

this is laptop from 2015 where windows 10 is just released and the processor also still new at that time so don't blame me, blame lenovo for making this kind of laptop

2 hours ago, ElectroBrocoli said:

Hi i have a laptop that runs windows 10 x64 on celeron n3150 and 2gb ddr3, i want to update this laptop OS to 20H2 update but it doesn't show it, it is stuck on 1909, now i also want to reset thiss laptop. is it possible to do both with media creation tool for windows 20H2 ?

I don't really recommend running Windows 10 on DDR3 2GB and Celeron. But if you really want to update it, just download Windows update assistant tool from :

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 (click on "UPDATE NOW")

Just download it and follow the instructions.

14 minutes ago, ElectroBrocoli said:

blame lenovo for making this kind of laptop

or just switch to linux yourself. windows does not play nice with <4gb ram. 

5 hours ago, The_Vaccine said:

windows does not play nice with <4gb ram. 

well i did try to run heavy program like visual code for python and it did runs just fine, well i'll try to safe erase it if this doesn't work

5 hours ago, sanilsjacob said:

I don't really recommend running Windows 10 on DDR3 2GB and Celeron. But if you really want to update it, just download Windows update assistant tool from :

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 (click on "UPDATE NOW")

thx mate

6 hours ago, sanilsjacob said:

well it did work, the tools says that my memory is good