New build gets stuck on boot.

Daniel_H212

New build (parts list: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/SomeIdiot212/saved/nBPvjX) when I try to power it on, all the fans start spinning and things light up, but the computer never boots up. The display remains black (I know the display works, and I have tried both the GPU and motherboard video outputs).

The one clue I have is that the motherboard has something MSI calls "EZ debug LED" (not easy at all, only 4 lights) and it lights up in sequence and then gets stuck on "boot" which means it "indicates booting device is not detected or fail" according to the motherboard manual (https://download.msi.com/archive/mnu_exe/mb/M7C88v1.0.pdf). I have also tried connecting one of those "beeper" things that are supposed to emit beeping sounds to tell you what the error is on boot and it made no sounds whatsoever.

I have tried starting it without a hard drive plugged in, I have tried putting an NVMe SSD in, and nothing has worked so far.

Anyone able to help? I would greatly appreciate it!

So you can't even get it into BIOS? Try spamming F11 when it turns on to get into the boot menu, then you can select your USB drive that you're using to install Windows. 

Main PC:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X • Noctua NH-D15 • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk • 2x8GB G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16 • MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3070 OC • Samsung 970 Evo 1TB • Samsung 860 Evo 1TB • Cosair iCUE 465X RGB • Corsair RMx 750W (White)

Peripherals/Other:

ASUS VG27AQ • G PRO K/DA • G502 Hero K/DA • G733 K/DA • G840 K/DA • Oculus Quest 2 • Nintendo Switch (Rev. 2)

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

Intel Core i7-1195G7 • Intel Iris Xe Graphics • 16GB LPDDR4x 4267MHz • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD • 13.4" OLED 3.5K InfinityEdge Display (3456x2160, 400nit, touch). 

Got any questions about my system or peripherals? Feel free to tag me (@bellabichon) and I'll be happy to give you my two cents. 

PSA: Posting a PCPartPicker list with no explanation isn't helpful for first-time builders :)

1 minute ago, bellabichon said:

So you can't even get it into BIOS? Try spamming F11 when it turns on to get into the boot menu, then you can select your USB drive that you're using to install Windows. 

I don't think my display even receives a signal? I'm not sure, I'll try that in a bit, gotta eat dinner rn.

Possibly a stupid question, but since you don't see the information prompting you to enter BIOS, which output are you using on the GPU?  My 1080Ti absolutely refuses to show picture on the DisplayPort output until it starts showing the Win10 loading screen.  All the POST output and prompts for boot menu, hotkey to enter BIOS etc. only outputs on HDMI.

26 minutes ago, PineyCreek said:

Possibly a stupid question, but since you don't see the information prompting you to enter BIOS, which output are you using on the GPU?  My 1080Ti absolutely refuses to show picture on the DisplayPort output until it starts showing the Win10 loading screen.  All the POST output and prompts for boot menu, hotkey to enter BIOS etc. only outputs on HDMI.

I've tried DisplayPort and HDMI on the GTX 1650 SUPER, as well as the HDMI on the motherboard since the i3 10100 has an iGPU

1 hour ago, bellabichon said:

Ok I tried this but nothing happened, display never received a signal.