Noctua NH-D15 VS NH-D15S

Zakk8
Go to solution Solved by CommanderAlex,
7 minutes ago, Zakk8 said:

If I were to put on another fan on the d15s down the line, would I get d15 performance?

For sure yeah, it's basically a D15 that is off-center to allow for clearance between the top (closest to the CPU) PCIe slot and is just one 140mm fan. They should come with the necessary clips to add an additional 140mm (with hole spacing of 120mm) or 120mm fan. 

Basically, on Amazon CA the NH-D15 is $109CAD, the NH-D15 Chromax is $149.95CAD, and the NH-D15S is $119.95CAD. Obviously i want to get the Chromomax version. But there is no way I am getting the (dual fan) D15 Chromax, too expensive. I understand the D15S only has one fan. So it comes down to the D15 (dual fan) vs the D15S (single fan Chromax). So i wanted to know the temp differences between those 2, to know if it worth the chromax color on the d15s, or the to stick with the D15 dual fan.

22 minutes ago, Zakk8 said:

So i wanted to know the temp differences between those 2, to know if it worth the chromax color on the d15s, or the to stick with the D15 dual fan.

The temperature difference between the two (D15 and D15S) is pretty marginal and depends on the CPU it is being paired up with. If it's not a heat generator, then you won't see too big of a difference. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

4 minutes ago, SpiderMan said:

The temperature difference between the two (D15 and D15S) is pretty marginal and depends on the CPU it is being paired up with. If it's not a heat generator, then you won't see too big of a difference. 

If I were to put on another fan on the d15s down the line, would I get d15 performance?

7 minutes ago, Zakk8 said:

For sure yeah, it's basically a D15 that is off-center to allow for clearance between the top (closest to the CPU) PCIe slot and is just one 140mm fan. They should come with the necessary clips to add an additional 140mm (with hole spacing of 120mm) or 120mm fan. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

1 hour ago, SpiderMan said:

Thanks. 

8 minutes ago, Zakk8 said:

Thanks. 

Anytime!!