Windows 10 Installation Orange Screen

SpoopiTwinkie

I recently built my first computer and i'm trying to install windows onto my SSD, but after some loading it gives me an orange screen with vertical white lines going through it. I read that I need a bitlocker key but i never knew that it existed until now. I've tried disabling fast boot and secure boot but nothing has helped. I also tried reinstalling the tool on my usb multiple times but it still shows me the same thing.

9 minutes ago, SpoopiTwinkie said:

I recently built my first computer and i'm trying to install windows onto my SSD, but after some loading it gives me an orange screen with vertical white lines going through it. I read that I need a bitlocker key but i never knew that it existed until now. I've tried disabling fast boot and secure boot but nothing has helped. I also tried reinstalling the tool on my usb multiple times but it still shows me the same thing.

bitlocker? that's odd. Did you get the drive second hand or something

3 minutes ago, curiousmind34 said:

bitlocker? that's odd. Did you get the drive second hand or something

nope, ordered it off of newegg although the package was kind of torn apart, it seemed new.

1 minute ago, SpoopiTwinkie said:

nope, ordered it off of newegg although the package was kind of torn apart, it seemed new.

If there is a way for you to wipe the ssd, I would do it, because there might be bitlocker and possibly few incompatible drivers screwing up your install. That's really weird.

1 minute ago, curiousmind34 said:

If there is a way for you to wipe the ssd, I would do it, because there might be bitlocker and possibly few incompatible drivers screwing up your install. That's really weird.

yep I tried that through bios, wiped the whole thing. I also have a sata ssd with windows which i booted off of, and it shows the drive with nothing in it.

Just now, SpoopiTwinkie said:

yep I tried that through bios, wiped the whole thing. I also have a sata ssd with windows which i booted off of, and it shows the drive with nothing in it.

That is really weird. Try installing windows without the sata ssd plugged in (which you likely have already done). Would consider rma-ing the ssd because something weird is going on

2 minutes ago, curiousmind34 said:

That is really weird. Try installing windows without the sata ssd plugged in (which you likely have already done). Would consider rma-ing the ssd because something weird is going on

yea bro, I tried everything. Would be a giant pain to send it back, but i guess i'll have to if I don't find another answer to this soon. I just hope if I get a new ssd the same thing doesn't happen. I do have another questions though, I bought a wifi card and I have no clue how to update it's drivers without wifi. I downloaded them onto a usb and then onto my desktop but it won't recognize them.

1 hour ago, SpoopiTwinkie said:

yea bro, I tried everything. Would be a giant pain to send it back, but i guess i'll have to if I don't find another answer to this soon. I just hope if I get a new ssd the same thing doesn't happen. I do have another questions though, I bought a wifi card and I have no clue how to update it's drivers without wifi. I downloaded them onto a usb and then onto my desktop but it won't recognize them.

which wifi card?

Here's the link:

https://www.newegg.com/fenvi-pce-ax200t-pci-express/p/0XM-00JK-00091?Item=9SIADXZBPU1609&Source=socialshare&cm_mmc=snc-social-_-sr-_-9SIADXZBPU1609-_-03072021

Im not sure if I have to do more than download the drivers onto the usb then move them into my downloads folder then have windows search for it, or not.

3 minutes ago, SpoopiTwinkie said:

Here's the link:

https://www.newegg.com/fenvi-pce-ax200t-pci-express/p/0XM-00JK-00091?Item=9SIADXZBPU1609&Source=socialshare&cm_mmc=snc-social-_-sr-_-9SIADXZBPU1609-_-03072021

Im not sure if I have to do more than download the drivers onto the usb then move them into my downloads folder then have windows search for it, or not.

I've tried downloading them off of their official site and intel, none of which seemed to do anything.

• 1 year later...

Sorry to revive an old thread but I fixed this problem by loading the default BIOS after hours of troubleshooting...