Buying a Modem to stop renting one from Xfinity

Unclescar
Go to solution Solved by curiousmind34,
1 minute ago, Unclescar said:

We have the 400 speed service from Xfinity (speed test shows us getting near 500, actually).. but we've been with xfinity for a few years now and we've decided to stop renting a modem and just get our own. There isn't a problem with the one we've been renting and we have no complaints, but renting hardware for $14 a month eventually gets more expensive than just buying a good one outright and we are more than a few months past that point.

I've cheaped-out on networking hardware before and to avoid that mistake again I'm willing to invest into a good one even if its on the pricier side. What are some good Modems that you guys would recommend that work fine with Xfinity?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/devices/#unauth use this to check comaptibility with xfinity and from there you can choose. 

We have the 400 speed service from Xfinity (speed test shows us getting near 500, actually).. but we've been with xfinity for a few years now and we've decided to stop renting a modem and just get our own. There isn't a problem with the one we've been renting and we have no complaints, but renting hardware for $14 a month eventually gets more expensive than just buying a good one outright and we are more than a few months past that point.

I've cheaped-out on networking hardware before and to avoid that mistake again I'm willing to invest into a good one even if its on the pricier side. What are some good Modems that you guys would recommend that work fine with Xfinity?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/devices/#unauth use this to check comaptibility with xfinity and from there you can choose. 

The Arris SB8200 would be a good investment or the Netgear CM1000. Both are DOCSIS 3.1 capable so if you upgrade your plan in the future you don't have to worry about replacing your modem as they can both handle gigabit and up.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

well shoot that basically solves my problem. I had no idea this existed. Thank you much!

No problem!

The best DOCSIS 3.1 is the Fritzbox 6660 (2x2 Wifi AX) or the 6591 (4x4 AC) they are FAST as F and have by far the most features, best stability and security.

But outside of the EU and especially germany no one knows em...

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂