Black screen after BIOS update

I tried to install a newer BIOS update for my Asus Z170-P and I got stuck in a loop where it asked me to select the bios file again to install it. After many tries that failed, I installed another BIOS (a newer one) in hopes that it would override the old one, but that resulted in a black srceen, with no post. I get nothing. No text, or instruction. I tried to use the CrashFree BIOS 3. I formatted the drive into FAT32, put a BIOS file onto it, renamed it to Z170P, and plugged it into the USB2.0 ports at the back. I tried both of them but it doesn't want to boot up from it. What to do? 

I dont have an optical drive, I have a dedicated GPU but it seems that I get no signal from or the iGPU. The motherboard receives power. The LED's light up.

EDIT: from what I hear, the CPU does matter in this case. i5 6500.

You need a dvd reader and boot from the original disk the board came with. Unplug all your other drives.

Select bios recovery and this will install the original factory shipped bios.

You will have to look and see if your unmentioned cpu will post with the first bios for this to post after the bios recovery. 

4 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

You need a dvd reader and boot from the original disk the board came with. Unplug all your other drives.

Select bios recovery and this will install the original factory shipped bios.

You will have to look and see if your unmentioned cpu will post with the first bios for this to post after the bios recovery. 

Unfortunately I can't do anything about the DVD reader. It's not an option right now, and I dont even have the disc laying around anymore. Since my CPU is a 6th gen, I suppose it would post with the very virst BIOS on their website if I put it on a USB? The manual says to download the latest BIOS.

5 minutes ago, troubles_innocence2 said:

Unfortunately I can't do anything about the DVD reader. It's not an option right now, and I dont even have the disc laying around anymore. Since my CPU is a 6th gen, I suppose it would post with the very virst BIOS on their website if I put it on a USB? The manual says to download the latest BIOS.

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1012219/#2 Looking at it, you can do it with USB and latest bios.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

7 minutes ago, troubles_innocence2 said:

Well at least now you know for next time. But if you can't do it through USB cause the bios is bricked, this is the only known other way to do it. (Without a programmer)

2 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Well at least now you know for next time. But if you can't do it through USB cause the bios is bricked, this is the only known other way to do it. (Without a programmer)

Alright. I guess I'll go find a programmer to redo the BIOS chip.