CPU/MoBo/Ram upgrade?? or GPU?? Help please

stewzzz

Budget (including currency): $1500 (CAD)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Games

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

PC Specs:

-Intel i7 4770k (currently overclocked to 4.1ghz) 4 core 8 thread
-EVGA GTX 1060 SSC 6gb
-Corsair Vengeance LP 16BG - 16000mhz ddr3 (8gb x2)
-Asus z87 Sabertooth ATX LGA 1150 MoBo
-Samsung 8600 Evo 500gb ssd
-Western Digital 1tb ssd
-Cooler Master Hyper N520 CPU Cooler
-Gigabyte superb 720w 80+ PSU
-Cougar MX 330-X ATX Case
-Windows 10 pro fully licensed 

so here's the thing.  I want to upgrade to get more fps (obviously, so does everyone), but Id like to know what would be the best way to go abouts this...
I was set on grabbing a 1080ti, but since the gpu prices are so damn inflated right now.

I'm thinking of saving up for upgrading my motherboard, cpu, ram etc.  and wait till the prices go down for a gpu.

sorry if I missed any details 

thanks in advance, Mitch

What games do you play and what is your goal with this upgrade ?

How is your current PC performing right now ?

I assume you want to be able to play all games att high refresh rate on high/ultra settings. 

What monitor do you have ?

1080p/1440p/4K  ?

Refresh rate 60hz/144hz/240hz ?

4770K isn't great by todays standard but it is still viable.

If you are just looking to get higher refresh rate and higher settings in 1080p/1440p then upgrading your GPU will give you the best performance boost. 

With todays GPU market you will most likely pay more for the GPU than what it is worth (regardless if you buy 2-hand or new). 

Upgrading your CPU+Mobo+RAM while still using your GTX 1060 will not give you any FPS boost right now but it will give you a overall good PC so you can upgrade more in 6-12 months. 

CPU: i9 9900K   Cooler: NH-D15   RAM: Kingston Fury 4 x 8GB 3600MHz CL17   Mobo: ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F   GPU: ASUS 3080 TUF   Case: In Win D-Frame   PSU: Corsair HX850i   Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (OS), 500GB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (Games), 2TB Crucial BX500 SSD (Storage)   Monitor: Samsung Odyssey Neo G9. 

I play fortnite and cod warzone and black ops at 1080p. 

I have an asus vg279 144hz 1080p 27 inch monitor

on fortnite i get fine enough fps but its the call of duty i want to boost.

right now on warsone i get around 60-90 fps on low settings with some anti aliasing on 

cold war is a little better but i know warzone is really cpu dependent, hence the mobo upgrade. 

I have went in the nvidia control panel settings and have set up the best performance settings for 3d user controlled settings...but as of recently i have bumped the anti- aliasing up 4x application controlled.  I was having problems with jagged edges and my view distance was the best even at 100% render res

gpu is utilizing 98% and cpu is around 70.

gpu goes down to around 70 at its min and cpu up to 90 max