Best In Stock Placeholder GPU?

jeistr77

Do you have a current build? What Gpu is in that one in that case? 

Buying a bang for the buck Gpu is fine but i would hate to buy something i intended to replace asap. 

Even something like a gtx 970 will still give you a decent 1080 experience in lot of games. 

I mean whats your need case? You might not need anything modernly competent if all youre playing is like Minecraft and Runescape.

If you need something for "itll play counter strike", look into just older mid range on ebay.

GTX 650/660's are still sub 70$ at auction and will play a lot of older titles just fine and even a decent chunk of newer ones at lower settings and resolution.

Id very much prefer something not used, will be staying away from ebay and other secondhand sites. I was leaning toward the 550 or 1030. Im expecting the market to stay the same till next year honestly so, need something that has atleast usuable performance. 60 fps on 720p monitor.

Just now, jeistr77 said:

Id very much prefer something not used, will be staying away from ebay and other secondhand sites. I was leaning toward the 550 or 1030. Im expecting the market to stay the same till next year honestly so, need something that has atleast usuable performance. 60 fps on 720p monitor.

Ill take the aversion to used, but then that does leave the 550 and 1030 as pretty much the only options if youre buying something new and from a specific computer parts retailer. 

Right now maybe you can still find a reasonably priced 1050ti or 1650? I would scour local brick and mortar stores for things like that, best buy, frys, microcenter, etc

But you can get the performance of above a GT 1030 or RX 550 in the form of a GX 670, for about 30$ less. And itll play a solid amount of games, including modern titles, in 1080p.

I would highly advise looking into that rather than buying a new low end card which isnt going to perform as well, for more money, and will be replaced anyway. 

2 hours ago, 8tg said:

Ill take the aversion to used, but then that does leave the 550 and 1030 as pretty much the only options if youre buying something new and from a specific computer parts retailer. 

Right now maybe you can still find a reasonably priced 1050ti or 1650? I would scour local brick and mortar stores for things like that, best buy, frys, microcenter, etc

But you can get the performance of above a GT 1030 or RX 550 in the form of a GX 670, for about 30$ less. And itll play a solid amount of games, including modern titles, in 1080p.

I would highly advise looking into that rather than buying a new low end card which isnt going to perform as well, for more money, and will be replaced anyway. 

If I were forced to buy used what would be the best option? Ebay?