M2 to sas + sas to sata adapter

alizalb

Hi guys I need some help if anyone can give me a hand. I'm in need of an nvme to sata adapter. This way I can mount nvme and m2 ssds to my sata dock. I have found one that would be good for me, but its actualy nvme to sas. I'm wondering if it would work if I connect that adapter to another adapter that converts sas to sata. 

Nvme to sas adapter

Sas to sata adapter

1 minute ago, alizalb said:

Nvme to sas adapter

That's m.2 to u.2, not sas. It is still pci-e, just over wires with sas-like connector.

What you are looking for is essentially sata to pci-e adapter, which does not exist as far as i know.

USB to m.2 nvme/pci-e exist though, so might be this will help somehow...

Hi Archer42,

Thank you for your response. So there is no way to plug an nvme to a HDD dock like this one:

HDD dock

Thanks

23 minutes ago, alizalb said:

Hi Archer42,

Thank you for your response. So there is no way to plug an nvme to a HDD dock like this one:

HDD dock

Thanks

No, not really since that's basically two entire bridging chipsets with what amounts to a complex RAID controller in the middle to fool both sides, all for a use case nobody has. What you want is a much more reasonable NVMe to USB 3.1 adapter which could arguably be plugged into your dock since it does have USB ports.

Not recommending this one, just using it as an example:

https://www.newegg.com/riitop-pcem2tu3/p/0VN-006F-00035?Description=nvme enclosure&cm_re=nvme_enclosure-_-9SIAFMX88S6513-_-Product

2 hours ago, Kedohawyr said:

No, not really since that's basically two entire bridging chipsets with what amounts to a complex RAID controller in the middle to fool both sides, all for a use case nobody has. What you want is a much more reasonable NVMe to USB 3.1 adapter which could arguably be plugged into your dock since it does have USB ports.

Not recommending this one, just using it as an example:

https://www.newegg.com/riitop-pcem2tu3/p/0VN-006F-00035?Description=nvme enclosure&cm_re=nvme_enclosure-_-9SIAFMX88S6513-_-Product

Thanks Kedohawyr,

I need the nvme to be plugged into sata port not into the usb port, of the clone dock. I need a way to hardweare clone nvme disk. With those docks I can clone sata to sata, but I need a way to clone from sata to nvme and otherway around. I guess the only solution is to software clone those disks.