USB exclamation mark

Najim

Hi all,

On my device manager I have got exclamation mark on of 1 the USB and I am unable to find it why. I have unplugged everything and its still there. How can I trouble shoot it?

All the drivers of my devices installed.

Thanks

Error.PNG

Sadly that usually means USB device you plugged in is faulty or the port is.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

I'd start with clicking on it, on the properties window go to Details tab, select "Hardware Ids" on the property dropdown box and see the hardware ID values.

Googling those might show what corresponding hardware it belongs to.

Another thing to do is rightclick on it and uninstall and restart to see what happens.

If all else fails just disable it or leave it as is, seeing as it might not be affecting your machine in any way..

7 minutes ago, Murasaki said:

I'd start with clicking on it, on the properties window go to Details tab, select "Hardware Ids" on the property dropdown box and see the hardware ID values.

Another thing to do is rightclick on it and uninstall and restart to see what happens.

If all else fails just disable it or leave it as is, seeing as it might not be affecting your machine in any way..

Iirc, device descriptor = hardware id.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

1 minute ago, Levent said:

Iirc, device descriptor = hardware id.

I mean device description is what device manager is telling you for an "unknown device". Hardware ID usually provides a bit more less generic and known info 🤪

53 minutes ago, Levent said:

Sadly that usually means USB device you plugged in is faulty or the port is.

I have checked all the USB port on the motherboard and everything is working.

16 minutes ago, Murasaki said:

I have checked the Hardware IDs and its says: USB\DEVICE_DESCRIPTION_FAILURE.

Try to delete and reinstall it, but didn't solve the problem.

1 minute ago, Najim said:

Try to delete and reinstall it, but didn't solve the problem.

Precisely what I  meant. Device descriptor IS hardware ID.

2 minutes ago, Murasaki said:

I mean device description is what device manager is telling you for an "unknown device". Hardware ID usually provides a bit more less generic and known info 🤪

OP, that device might be dead or has bad connector soldering.

Just now, Najim said:

Well thats pretty unhelpful, darn.

1 minute ago, Najim said:

If everything is working then I guess leave as is? Other than that you could reinstall your motherboard's drivers entirely to see if it makes a difference.

Problem solved.

It was my AIO wasn't picked up by the motherboard.