Does this HD7670 need any external power?

Good morning, everyone!

I made a post yesterday asking people if a GTX 1050ti I found on Amazon for 80 euros was fake or not because the price was too good to be true, and everybody said it was fake. So I started searching for another cheap graphics card online, and I found this: https://www.amazon.it/Grafica-Display-processore-Componenti-Computer/dp/B08NCK9YJ6/ref=sr_1_50?__mk_it_IT=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&dchild=1&keywords=scheda+video&qid=1614927835&sr=8-50

While I think it looks like a really nice card, before purchasing it I need to know if it requires any external power from the PSU, cuz mine is pretty weak (240 watts) and so I'd like to know in advance if I need to change that too.  Thank you all in advance, I'm new to PC building and to the LTT channel but you really look like a great community!

1 minute ago, FakeKGB said:

It's "Currently Unavailable" for me, but also, I'm 90% sure this is a fake card.

What price is it for you?

I agree that this is a fake card. 

3 minutes ago, KillTheRich420 said:

Good morning, everyone!

I made a post yesterday asking people if a GTX 1050ti I found on Amazon for 80 euros was fake or not because the price was too good to be true, and everybody said it was fake. So I started searching for another cheap graphics card online, and I found this: https://www.amazon.it/Grafica-Display-processore-Componenti-Computer/dp/B08NCK9YJ6/ref=sr_1_50?__mk_it_IT=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&dchild=1&keywords=scheda+video&qid=1614927835&sr=8-50

While I think it looks like a really nice card, before purchasing it I need to know if it requires any external power from the PSU, cuz mine is pretty weak (240 watts) and so I'd like to know in advance if I need to change that too.  Thank you all in advance, I'm new to PC building and to the LTT channel but you really look like a great community!

Maybe look for a used card on ebay such as a 970. You will find better value there. 

It's "Currently Unavailable" for me, but also, I'm 90% sure this is a fake card.

What price is it for you?

it's 55 bucks, but I don't think it's fake. And even if it is, they're claiming 4GB of GDDR5 VRAM which doesn't look that bad, and that has to be true cuz it's kind of illegal to lie about the specs, i guess

6 minutes ago, KillTheRich420 said:

it's 55 bucks, but I don't think it's fake. And even if it is, they're claiming 4GB of GDDR5 VRAM which doesn't look that bad, and that has to be true cuz it's kind of illegal to lie about the specs, i guess

Uhhhhh no, that's not how that works. I don't know if it's a fake or not, but it looks suspicious to me. I wouldn't buy it. 

Yeah, that's a fake card. If you buy it you'll be throwing your money away. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

Just now, KillTheRich420 said:

it's 55 bucks, but I don't think it's fake.

It is 200% fake.

1 minute ago, KillTheRich420 said:

and that has to be true cuz it's kind of illegal to lie about the specs, i guess

Just because it's illegal doesn't mean it isn't done.

elephants

That is not a real card. The 7670 was basic "display adapter" card for OEM's circa 2012 and they made them with 512MB or 1GB of RAM, certainly never 4GB. You wouldn't want to use a 7670 anyway.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Just because it's illegal doesn't mean it isn't done.

b-but the indian dude on youtube who made benchmarks for it managed to play doom eternal at 60FPS with it...

Just now, KillTheRich420 said:

b-but the indian dude on youtube who made benchmarks for it managed to play doom eternal at 60FPS with it...

Did he use a real HD 7670 or this fake one?
Because this is a FAKE card.

The HD 7670 never had 4GB of VRAM, and in the current market, there are no gaming GPUs for $55.

elephants

3 minutes ago, FakeKGB said:

Did he use a real HD 7670 or this fake one?
Because this is a FAKE card.

The HD 7670 never had 4GB of VRAM, and in the current market, there are no gaming GPUs for $55.

oh wait, i went to check and the indian dude only did an installing video, not a benchmark. the benchmark was made by another channel and he didn't even show the card, he just directly showed the benchmarks. so i guess y'all are right lol

You can buy an HD 7770 (a real one) for about ~$60 on eBay, and that's a card that can actually deliver a playable experience in a lot of modern and semi-modern games, and will do even better with less demanding esports stuff like League. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

1 minute ago, Middcore said:

You can buy an HD 7770 (a real one) for about ~$60 on eBay, and that's a card that can actually deliver a playable experience in a lot of modern and semi-modern games, and will do even better with less demanding esports stuff like League. 

1 minute ago, Middcore said:

that looks nice! con i find it somewhere else too, though? i never really liked ebay

3 minutes ago, KillTheRich420 said:

that looks nice! con i find it somewhere else too, though? i never really liked ebay

AliExpress although IMO that's riskier than eBay. eBay's buyer protections are really good. 

The R7 250X is also basically the same card as the 7770 rebranded if you wanted to search for that. 

-> Moved to Graphics Cards

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 8 months later...

hi, i did buy this card, here is a picture of the memory chips:
(total 4 chips, they are listed by samsung as 256 mb each, so indeed its a 1gb card with an altered bios) 🥲
memoria.png.c96fac1bb91dc8651410216cdc2ffe22.png