What can I expect on a specific brand's offerings on motherboards?

Like without concerning about how different specs there is on the motherboards, what can I expect from the offerings on motherboards?

Like how MSI have freebies and their software for doing a lot of different stuff, like overclocking and RGB customization. What do other brands offer?

Well, you can consider warranty. The Asus TUF series (non gaming) feature a 5 year warranty opposed to a standard 3 year warranty of most their boards. 

You can expect all makes to have slightly different features and orientation of some peripherals on the board such as fan header location extra USB ports ect.

1 hour ago, InfraDelta said:

Like without concerning about how different specs there is on the motherboards, what can I expect from the offerings on motherboards?

Like how MSI have freebies and their software for doing a lot of different stuff, like overclocking and RGB customization. What do other brands offer?

All of the motherboard brands have applications for controlling RGB and all of them suck.

Not sure what you're referring to with "freebies." Not sure what you're referring to with overclocking unless you mean Afterburner, which is free and works on hardware from any brand.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

1 hour ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Well, you can consider warranty. The Asus TUF series (non gaming) feature a 5 year warranty opposed to a standard 3 year warranty of most their boards. 

You can expect all makes to have slightly different features and orientation of some peripherals on the board such as fan header location extra USB ports ect.

wait... mobos come with warranties?  I had never even imagined that.  I always just assumed that when they broke I was SOL.

It must be true, I read it on the internet...

1 hour ago, Middcore said:

All of the motherboard brands have applications for controlling RGB and all of them suck.

Not sure what you're referring to with "freebies." Not sure what you're referring to with overclocking unless you mean Afterburner, which is free and works on hardware from any brand.

It's interesting you say this, I'm using Gigabyte RGB Fusion to control the on-board RGB and the fans/strips I installed.

Haven't had any issues with RGB Fusion despite it's horrible reputation.

I also have Razer Synapse, ASUS Armory Crate, and Logitech Gaming Software all running for my various other devices as well....amazingly no conflicts.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

1 hour ago, Middcore said:

I really don't care about RGB.  Some people like them but I am definitely not one of em. And what's the use of RGB when I have a opaque case.

And about the freebies I am talking about on MSI was that there were, at least back when I bought my MSI mobo, offerings that when you bought X from them you could get a game key or something. Maybe even a X months license for a product type of deal.

3 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Thank you, I'll take note of that.

9 hours ago, InfraDelta said:

I really don't care about RGB.  Some people like them but I am definitely not one of em. And what's the use of RGB when I have a opaque case.

Ok? I mentioned it because you implied RGB software was a unique perk to MSI.

9 hours ago, InfraDelta said:

And about the freebies I am talking about on MSI was that there were, at least back when I bought my MSI mobo, offerings that when you bought X from them you could get a game key or something. Maybe even a X months license for a product type of deal.

Game key promotions are more often associated with CPU's or GPU's, and they tend to be done by AMD or Nvidia rather than by any one specific brand. I got a key for AssCreed Valhalla when I bought a 3700x, for example (which I gave away because I had no interest in playing it).

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16