gtx 690 backplate

kes2006

so im gonna buy a gtx 690 (no i dont want to buy a diffrent card) where can i find a backplate for it the one im gonna buy is the founders edition 

Just now, kes2006 said:

so im gonna buy a gtx 690

How much are you paying for it?

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-fc690-gtx-backplate-black-eol

This used to exist, definitely isn't sold anymore though

Current System: Ryzen 7 3700X, Noctua NH L12 Ghost S1 Edition, 32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, MAG B550i Gaming Edge, 1TB WD SN550 NVME, SF750, RTX 3080 Founders Edition, Louqe Ghost S1

Just now, kes2006 said:

for  100 euros including shippig and that is allready 7 euros so 93 euros and your lucky so find something like a gtx 770 for 80 euros

Keep in mind it will be a gtx 680 in almost every game made in the last 5 years. The 7970 exists which is better than the 680.

That sounds a bit steep for what is essentially a GTX 680/GTX 770. 

I wouldn't buy that. Used 7970 or RX 570 is a better choice. 

Current System: Ryzen 7 3700X, Noctua NH L12 Ghost S1 Edition, 32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, MAG B550i Gaming Edge, 1TB WD SN550 NVME, SF750, RTX 3080 Founders Edition, Louqe Ghost S1

There is no such thing as a 690 Founders Edition. Nvidia didn't start using the "Founders Edition" branding until Pascal (10-series). 

If you mean it's the reference design, the reference design is the only model of the 690 they ever made, pretty sure there were no AIB versions. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

Keep in mind it will be a gtx 680 in almost every game made in the last 5 years. The 7970 exists which is better than the 680.

Just now, Hymenopus_Coronatus said:

That sounds a bit steep for what is essentially a GTX 680/GTX 770. 

I wouldn't buy that. Used 7970 or RX 570 is a better choice. 

an hd 7970 is hard to find here and are going for more then 100 euros and rx 570 are going for like 200 euros

I'd wait then. The GPU market is really bad right now

I'd wait then. The GPU market is really bad right now

right now have a gtx 285 because my igpu form my r3 3200g wont turn on and i want to play games other then minecraft

1 minute ago, kes2006 said:

i want to play games other then minecraft

What games do you want to play? The GTX 680 won't do well in most modern games.

What games do you want to play? The GTX 680 won't do well in most modern games.

i used to have a gtx 770 and it preformed really good in gta 5 and the gtx 690 with sli disabled is faster then the gtx 770 and the other games i play is metro 2033 redux and last light and pc building simulator and i want to play metro exodus

Just now, kes2006 said:

i used to have a gtx 770 and it preformed really good in gta 5 and the gtx 690 with sli disabled is faster then the gtx 770 and the other games i play is metro 2033 redux and last light and pc building simulator and i want to play metro exodus

and gta 4

A factor not considered in this so far is power consumption. The 690 uses well over 400W under full load, and even a single 680 can get over 300W. Do you have a PSU that will handle that? It's a lot of juice being sucked up for very little benefit.

Surely it would be cheaper to just buy a 680 since SLI with the 690 won't even work in most games? The 690 is practically a collector's item. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

1 minute ago, Middcore said:

A factor not considered in this so far is power consumption. The 690 uses well over 400W under full load, and even a single 680 can get over 300W. Do you have a PSU that will handle that? It's a lot of juice being sucked up for very little benefit.

Surely it would be cheaper to just buy a 680 since SLI with the 690 won't even work in most games? The 690 is practically a collector's item. 

gtx 680s are going for 70 euros rn and i have a 750w 80+ gold psu so it will be fine

and i wasnt asking for gpu recomendations i was asking for a backplate for a gtx 690

1 minute ago, kes2006 said:

gtx 680s are going for 70 euros rn

OK? So save 30 euros to get the same performance and better efficiency?

and i have a 750w 80+ gold psu so it will be fine

Maybe, maybe not. 

1 minute ago, Middcore said:

OK? So save 30 euros to get the same performance and better efficiency?

Maybe, maybe not. 

the gtx 690 is faster then the gtx 680 when not in sli and i dont care about better effciency i was asking where you can buy an gtx 690 backplate

6 minutes ago, kes2006 said:

the gtx 690 is faster then the gtx 680 when not in sli 

No, it's not. It can't be, because the two 680-equivalent chips in the 690 are downclocked compared to a single 680 in an effort to keep the heat and power consumption under control. This is why two separate 680's in SLI were always faster than the 690 in games where SLI actually worked. The 690 was neat but it was objectively a silly card to buy even in its day - two separate 680's in SLI performed better and cost less (although they did use even more power). 

But if you insist on wasting money on this card, and want to waste even more money by putting a backplate on it, the answer is you probably can't buy one anywhere unless you happen to find it second-hand on eBay or something because this card is almost 10 years old and backplates have long since stopped being made and stocked. 

3 minutes ago, Middcore said:

No, it's not. It can't be, because the two 680-equivalent chips in the 690 are downclocked compared to a single 680 in an effort to keep the heat and power consumption under control. This is why two separate 680's in SLI were always faster than the 690 in games where SLI actually worked. The 690 was neat but it was objectively a silly card to buy even in its day - two separate 680's in SLI performed better and cost less (although they did use even more power). 

But if you insist on wasting money on this card, and want to waste even more money by putting a backplate on it, the answer is you probably can't buy one anywhere unless you happen to find it second-hand on eBay or something because this card is almost 10 years old and backplates have long since stopped being made and stocked. 

i dont have ebay in my country

I had planned on getting an ek backplate off I could find one. But I was gonna mount the 690 vertically anyway. 
Really sucks I missed out on a titan z for 300usd a few weeks ago. Really kicking myself for not grabbing a 690 when it was down to 90~ bucks. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz