money

Paralectic

Alblasserdam it's called lol.

Never heard of it strangely...I live in Alphen aan den Rijn.

He gave me what he wanted to give, I didn't even ask for anything and first refused it but he wanted me to accept it ( 50Euros he gave me, which is like 70 bucks ).

I'm Frisian, we have the same currency ;)

So many things I could write here... things like this.

Never heard of it strangely...I live in Alphen aan den Rijn.

Oooooo I know where that is :P

@Calavera  you're Dutch, not Frisian :P

So soon I am building this PC for a friend of my cousin, and also kind of a friend of mine.

I have put several hours into investigating what he wants and what I should build for him with the budget he gave me and such.

I am against profiting from friends but for such thing I just want some money hm.

So about me:

I do work 40+ hours a week without gaining any money and I do need any money I could get because the low income I have currently.

He has a full-time job.

Is it normal for me to charge money for configuring his build and assembling it too with perfect cable management including OS installation etc.

It is normal but underhanded as you did not have a price negotiation in the inception of the request. The next time you do one of these builds just make sure to have a pricing at the discussion stage so your friends would know up front what they must pay. ;)

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

It is normal but underhanded as you did not have a price negotiation in the inception of the request. The next time you do one of these builds just make sure to have a pricing at the discussion stage so your friends would know up front what they must pay. ;)

When I don't ask for money I won't discuss a price lol :P

Pay what you want, if it's nothing it's fine but if it's a few bucks I would accept it if they really want to.

When I don't ask for money I won't discuss a price lol :P

Pay what you want, if it's nothing it's fine but if it's a few bucks I would accept it if they really want to.

B)

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

If you do 40+ hours work a week and don't get any money then you're doing something wrong.

Anyway I do it for free but I usually get something in return as a thanks. For example they have treated me to the cinema, or given me some money, or treated me to lunch etc.

Money money money, must be funny in a rich man's wooorld! :P

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

If I got asked to build my mates a pc, I wouldn't even think about asking for money. They're my friends, it's all about sharing and helping each other out. Doesn't matter if you want something or they want something, it gets done. It's a favor, not a job if it's for a friend.

But seeing as he's kinda of a friend of yours then yeah it makes sense that you earned a little money.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

• 3 weeks later...

Here are 2 pictures of the build, not that anyone is interested but still.

I did enjoy building the rig and knowing that he enjoys using it for games he couldn't play back then now at a framerate of 60 on Ultra Settings ( Dark Souls, DayZ and whatever he plays besides that ).

System specifications:

Case: Corsair Carbide 300r

PSU: Corsair CX 750M ( Less wattages were more expensive )

CPU: Intel Core i5 4670K

CPU cooler: Hyper 212 Evo ( how original :-D )

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 770 SC with ACX cooler

RAM: 8GB Corsair RAM 1600Mhz

Storage: A 2TB HDD by Seagate, SSD will be installed soon.

ONhKAWi.jpg

BP6pAsX.jpg