Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Budget  725$ usd

Country: USA 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: gaming and streaming 

Other details I’m thinking of upgrading an old pc with a new gpu or something it has i3 and 4g of ram and 1tb hdd with windows 8.1 idk what to upgrade I was gonna get 3060  and i510th gen and ram from cor trident and cheap ssd but idk the cheaper the better or should I put like a 2060 or 1660 or 1080 help PLS

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Joshua124 said:

Budget  725$ usd

Country: USA 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: gaming and streaming 

Other details I’m thinking of upgrading an old pc with a new gpu or something it has i3 and 4g of ram and 1tb hdd with windows 8.1 idk what to upgrade I was gonna get 3060  and i510th gen and ram from cor trident and cheap ssd but idk the cheaper the better or should I put like a 2060 or 1660 or 1080 help PLS

 

I can go lower 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you could list your complete system specifications, I am certain we could figure something out.  

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhAt IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Levent said:

If you could list your complete system specifications, I am certain we could figure something out.  

For the old pc ima upgrade ?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Joshua124 said:

For the old pc ima upgrade ?

 

Yeah so that maybe you could salvage some parts of it.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhAt IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually 600 cause for 700 I can get a prebuilt form I buy power with ryzen5 3600 and 1660 and that’s the same specs I was thinking so 600 the cheaper the better I still want good performance tho

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Levent said:

Yeah so that maybe you could salvage some parts of it.

I3 with like 3ghz I don’t which i3 it is cause that pc is my attic it’s but it has integrated graphics and 8gb of ram from dell windows 8.1 and 550 watts psu and 1tb hdd

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, curiousmind34 said:

is but go with it 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Joshua124 said:

Budget  725$ usd

Country: USA 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: gaming and streaming 

Other details I’m thinking of upgrading an old pc with a new gpu or something it has i3 and 4g of ram and 1tb hdd with windows 8.1 idk what to upgrade I was gonna get 3060  and i510th gen and ram from cor trident and cheap ssd but idk the cheaper the better or should I put like a 2060 or 1660 or 1080 help PLS

 

a 10th gen cpu will not work in such an old computer

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Joshua124 said:
3 minutes ago, curiousmind34 said:

is but go with it 

 

Cause I do have an i7 that like 3.6 ghz and it’s good with 5 cores I think I’m not sure but it’s from a laptop I don’t think you can put laptop cpu in desktop

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Joshua124 said:

Cause I do have an i7 that like 3.6 ghz and it’s good with 5 cores I think I’m not sure but it’s from a laptop I don’t think you can put laptop cpu in desktop

 

laptop cpus don't work in desktops

You should know what is your current motherboard compatibility before going out and buying a cpu, and from there you can find a gpu which would make a balanced combo

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, curiousmind34 said:

laptop cpus don't work in desktops

You should know what is your current motherboard compatibility before going out and buying a cpu, and from there you can find a gpu which would make a balanced combo

Is there anything I can do then give a list for it plz a gpu and cpu and ssd and ram

cuase I only have 600 bucks

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Joshua124 said:

Is there anything I can do then give a list for it plz a gpu and cpu and ssd and ram

cuase I only have 600 bucks

 

For 600 bucks its worth getting a new system instead of upgrading something that old

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, curiousmind34 said:

For 600 bucks its worth getting a new system instead of upgrading something that old

I can make a list if you want

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, curiousmind34 said:

I can make a list if you want

Yeah but  600 not gonna be thst good

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Joshua124 said:

Yeah but  600 not gonna be thst good

 

For 600 you aren't playing cyberpunk, but almost everything else would work completely fine at 1080p 60fps with esports at 1080p 144fps

Obviously you can get better by paying more, but you can get an enjoyable experience for that price.

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Joshua124 said:

Budget  725$ usd

Country: USA 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: gaming and streaming 

Other details I’m thinking of upgrading an old pc with a new gpu or something it has i3 and 4g of ram and 1tb hdd with windows 8.1 idk what to upgrade I was gonna get 3060  and i510th gen and ram from cor trident and cheap ssd but idk the cheaper the better or should I put like a 2060 or 1660 or 1080 help PLS

 


Somewhat over but you could always go for something like a corsair cx and a 10100
I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 
My build:
CPU: 10700k Oc'd to 5.0 ghz                            GPU: RTX 3070 ventus 2x
Motherboard: Asus z490-v                                Cooler: Deepcool castle ex 120mm
Ram: Team tforce delta 32gb 3200mhz cl16     Case: Phanteks p418r (p360a ripoff) 
PSU: Apevia Prestige 800w

Notes:
Spoiler

To me the 10700k seems pretty underrated. It's a very solid cpu. at 5.0ghz it draws 175-185w under full load. the Asus z490-v is a sh*t teir motherboard, I wouldn't recommend it for anything past a 10600k for light oc's only. Tforce ram is pretty but cpu cooler clearance can be an issue on them, so beware. the RTX 3070 is obviously a great card, but the ventus 2x is just horrible. Don't buy it, not now, not ever. It's flimsy af, you can't increase the stock power limit, the cooler is worse than the one on the 3070FE. If it's a choice between this and nothing, choose nothing. The deepcool castle ex 120mm isn't really on sale outside of prebuilts, but it's a nice pretty cooler, gets my 10700k up to 96c after a prime95 cpu test for 15 minutes. The p418r is basically what it looks like. P360a, slap a few cyberpowerpc logos on it, and you're golden. The Apevia Prestige 800w is bad, but not terrible. Runs respectably quiet and isn't a bomb. More than a lot of PSU's in prebuilts can claim.

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×