NEW BUILD FOR GAMING & WORK

n3mesis87

Budget (including currency): 200000 INR (Indian Rupees) maximum.

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Mainly for MSFS 2020 and DOTA2 and other AAA games (Not for hardcore serious competitive), apart from that I will be using it for doing my office work (I am a JUDGE), some casual video editing, AUTOCAD, 

Other details: No peripherals is required apart from the monitor. I am presently confused between getting a 60hz 32inch 4K ips monitor vs a 1440p 144hz 27inch monitor. Although, I am fascinated about 4k gaming but to be honest I am presently playing on 24inch HD @75hz. I do not know which way to go. To resolve the issue, one hint is that DOTA2 & MSFS 2020 perhaps do not benefit from 144hz. However, I would really welcome some expert advise about which way to go because the end resolution would govern the core parts of the gaming build. I hope to purchase within 1-2 months. Kindly advise. 

Personally, I'd go with 1440p as it doesn't make much of a difference for my eyes. This build would be well suited for it.

Good thing, you're buying this in a couple months otherwise you'd be getting scalper prices and this would've gone overbudget.

But if you do manage to scrape together a bit more and want to go for 4K gaming/work, then you can switch out the 3070 with a 3080 (3080 is well-suited for 4K) and switch the monitor to a 4K one.

(y'all might be confused why I put a 850W PSU, that's because firstly India is out of stock of 750W PSUs according to pcpartpicker, and it also clears out future upgrades)

→  Kindly quote or mention me if you would like a reply back.

<famous quote>

On 3/2/2021 at 10:48 AM, Jayzer said:

Personally, I'd go with 1440p as it doesn't make much of a difference for my eyes. This build would be well suited for it.

Good thing, you're buying this in a couple months otherwise you'd be getting scalper prices and this would've gone overbudget.

But if you do manage to scrape together a bit more and want to go for 4K gaming/work, then you can switch out the 3070 with a 3080 (3080 is well-suited for 4K) and switch the monitor to a 4K one.

(y'all might be confused why I put a 850W PSU, that's because firstly India is out of stock of 750W PSUs according to pcpartpicker, and it also clears out future upgrades)

To be honest I was initially poised to buy the GL850 given the value and specs, but recently I have been confused because I am intrigued by the prospect of gaming on 4K. As I have indicated earlier I will be playing single player gamers and not competitive games. So I was just wondering whether to go for the higher resolution and settle for 4K or go with the higher refresh rate and settledown with 1440p. PS: I have no experience in 144hz monitors.  

You didn't mention the other triple A games, but I do think that MSFS will look very cool on 4K, but 4K on Dota imo doesn't make much of a difference.

So if you do play other games other than MSFS and ones that have really cool graphic scenes, then 4K won't hurt.

But if not, then I'd say stick with 1440p at 144hz.

<famous quote>

10 hours ago, Jayzer said:

You didn't mention the other triple A games, but I do think that MSFS will look very cool on 4K, but 4K on Dota imo doesn't make much of a difference.

So if you do play other games other than MSFS and ones that have really cool graphic scenes, then 4K won't hurt.

But if not, then I'd say stick with 1440p at 144hz.

The usual stuff, cyber punk, gta v, witcher 3, Valhalla, red dead redemption 2, etc..

In that case, you can go for 4K.

<famous quote>

3 hours ago, Jayzer said:

In that case, you can go for 4K.

Would you be kind enough to suggest a good monitor of 32inch, ips

A LG 32UD99-W is a very decent 4K monitor, BUT, this would go wayy overbudget tho.

<famous quote>

Actually my bad, I was looking at a specific side of monitors. Also there are sadly no 32inch 4K monitors, only 31.5 inch ones.

A cheaper option is a LG 32UN650-W.

<famous quote>