Starting a MC Server

DarrenP

Hi guys, 

I'm thinking of starting an MC server, would anyone be interested in playing on it? I would also be hosting a group mumble. I have recently lost interest on the server i have been playing on for the past 3 years as the rest of the people on it are being rather rude. So i thought i might make my own. We could have a Vanilla and FTB server and everything. I just want to know if anyone would be interested? It could be like an Unofficial MC server for LTT. I looked through the forums and didn't see any word of any pre-existing servers. I would be hosting with a hosting company not myself so guaranteed performance. If people could like this post if they'd be interested so i could get an idea of players. Thanks!

-Darren 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

I would join-yes. I would do either FTB or Vanilla. What version of MC would it be?

But, there are other unofficial servers :P

Also, would we have to use things like protecting our houses using plugins? Personally, I hate doing that and it ruins the game. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

i would be interested to play it sounds like it would be a lot of fun  :D

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

Minecraft would be fun if I didn't buy it in 2010

I would definitely join such a server :)

Current rig: CPU: AMD FX-8120  Cooling: Corsair H100i  Mobo: ASRock 970 Extreme 3  RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz  GPU: MSI GTX 660Ti Power Edition  Case: Fractal Design Define R4  Storage: 2TB Seagate HDD + 128GB Crucial SSD  PSU: be quiet! 730W bronze

I would join-yes. I would do either FTB or Vanilla. What version of MC would it be?

Also, would we have to use things like protecting our houses using plugins? Personally, I hate doing that and it ruins the game. 

just thought i would note ever since the 1.7.2 update of vanilla minecraft it doesnt matter what version you have as long as it is 1.7.x and up i believe 

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

As an alpha member, I really don't like what it has become. I stopped liking it when Jeb took over. Some of the things are cool-- don't get me wrong here-- it just isn't minecraft anymore; it is more of  minecrafttraderidehorsesslaydragonskillwitchesandwherethefuckdidrosesgo. 

//end rant

I think a server would be cool for the community, I know a lot of people on this forum play it. I'd imagine populating the server won't be much of an issue.

//ccap

We could do Vanilla and FTB if everyone wanted. I mean i have a good buddy of mine that runs a hosting company, So it wouldn't kill me to host both. FTB is really interesting me at the moment, so i'd like one of those personally, but i hate playing alone... So there is that. 

As to the plug-ins, no 100% Vanilla. I don't like dicking around with plug-ins. I can set all that up, but i don't want to. I also think that the LTT community is good enough that i wouldn't have to use plug-ins. I would likely White-list to prevent people just joining and breaking stuff. 

We could do Vanilla and FTB if everyone wanted. I mean i have a good buddy of mine that runs a hosting company, So it wouldn't kill me to host both. FTB is really interesting me at the moment, so i'd like one of those personally, but i hate playing alone... So there is that. 

As to the plug-ins, no 100% Vanilla. I don't like dicking around with plug-ins. I can set all that up, but i don't want to. I also think that the LTT community is good enough that i wouldn't have to use plug-ins. I would likely White-list to prevent people just joining and breaking stuff. 

I would prefer FTB as well-Vanilla MC is a little boring right now. Hasn't really been improved on in 6 months IMO

When would the server be setup? And which version of FTB? I want to get it downloaded in preparation :D

I would prefer FTB as well-Vanilla MC is a little boring right now. Hasn't really been improved on in 6 months IMO

When would the server be setup? And which version of FTB? I want to get it downloaded in preparation :D

I can have it setup as early as this afternoon, say between 3PM and 5PM I mean if people want it. 

I can have it setup as early as this afternoon, say between 3PM and 5PM I mean if people want it. 

Sounds good :D

Hi guys, 

I'm thinking of starting an MC server, would anyone be interested in playing on it? I would also be hosting a group mumble. I have recently lost interest on the server i have been playing on for the past 3 years as the rest of the people on it are being rather rude. So i thought i might make my own. We could have a Vanilla and FTB server and everything. I just want to know if anyone would be interested? It could be like an Unofficial MC server for LTT. I looked through the forums and didn't see any word of any pre-existing servers. I would be hosting with a hosting company not myself so guaranteed performance. If people could like this post if they'd be interested so i could get an idea of players. Thanks!

-Darren 

i would love a ftb server cause for some reason i think ftb should be played on a server *idky*. and i would love to interact with the rest of you guys on the fourms more

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

I would play but chances are there would be a lot of dicks on the server :P I would still play though. I miss having fun with people on MC.

oh and lets go with ftb monster wich is a 1.6.4 pack its on the default ftb  launcher 

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

I would play but chances are there would be a lot of dicks on the server :P I would still play though. I miss having fun with people on MC.

Hence why he would be white listing it :P 

Also, as much as a I hate it, I would recommend that for anybody to be Whitelisted, they must have x amount of posts on the forum.

Maybe create a Google Forum to white listing registration? 

I was thinking something like the Ultimate Pack.  Realized it hasn't been updated since 1.4.6. Nevermind

Hence why he would be white listing it :P

Also, as much as a I hate it, I would recommend that for anybody to be Whitelisted, they must have x amount of posts on the forum.

Maybe create a Google Forum to white listing registration? 

And as much as plugins are a hassle sometimes, they may be required in things get really out of hand. Ones like accounts for logging in, spawn protection, etc.

And as much as plugins are a hassle sometimes, they may be required in things get really out of hand. Ones like accounts for logging in, spawn protection, etc.

Either than or we go a REALLY long ways away from spawn :P Then no griefers will ever find us :D

Just an FYI, there used to be an unofficial LTT MC server (both FTB and Vanilla). It had a hard time staying populated. 

This could be different though. 

If we want to mod it, we could have community votes for plugins. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Okay, So i'm going to set up a FTB Unleashed Server. MC Version is 1.5.2. I'm going to set it up to have with 4GB of RAM, I'm projecting for 15 - 20 people tops playing at any given time, 20 slot mumble. How's that sound?

Now before i go and purchase this, I want to know is this what you guys want? 

Should add, changed the plan to 8GB of RAM, and 30 slot mumble. 

Now before i go and purchase this, I want to know is this what you guys want? 

Should add, changed the plan to 8GB of RAM, and 30 slot mumble. 

Ahhh, you are asking people to literally spend your money for them. 

I want to point out that I'm not into MC much. I was just chiming in to let you know about past attempts to have Unofficial LTT MC servers. I doubt I would play. Too many games to play as it is and I'm not into MC very much. Also, I have no idea what Feed the Beast is. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Those who want to be whitelisted, please reply to this post. 

Yes FTB for sure i would definitely do that, if you need any help with it id be up for the task too like setting up spawn and signs and stuff.