Acer Nitro 7 not turning on, battery led blinking when plugged in

e-yawn

Its specific model is an715-51-58x1 (i5 9300h, gtx 1660 ti, 256gb + 1 tb storage, 20 gb ram*) bought back in 2019 (it’s already past warranty). Last time I used it was last week, but now it won’t boot even if I connect it to power.

The battery charging indicator turns on for around 7 seconds, turns off, turns on again for 2 seconds, turns off, then on again for 7 seconds in a loop. When I hold the spacebar, the keyboard lights up together with the other led light (blue, the one with a lightbulb symbol) but turns off after a few seconds.

I tried the following (to no avail):

• Hold the power button for 15-30 seconds and let it rest for 15-20 minutes before plugging in (results in same led flashing pattern)

• Open it, disconnect the battery for 20 minutes before putting it back on and plugging in (same outcome)

• Disconnect the battery and try running it directly from power (no led lights at all, not booting).

I don't think I'd be able to go to a service center any time soon, is there anything else I can still try?

*We upgraded its 4gb ram last January 2020 with a single stick 16gb and the service center person said it was okay(?) did not have any major problem until now

Thanks in advanced :)

10 hours ago, rykjohnson said:

Possible bad charger or corroded link?

We don't have any other laptop chargers in the house so I won't be able to check if that's the problem, unfortunately.

11 hours ago, e-yawn said:

Its specific model is an715-51-58x1 (i5 9300h, gtx 1660 ti, 256gb + 1 tb storage, 20 gb ram*) bought back in 2019 (it’s already past warranty). Last time I used it was last week, but now it won’t boot even if I connect it to power.

The battery charging indicator turns on for around 7 seconds, turns off, turns on again for 2 seconds, turns off, then on again for 7 seconds in a loop. When I hold the spacebar, the keyboard lights up together with the other led light (blue, the one with a lightbulb symbol) but turns off after a few seconds.

I tried the following (to no avail):

• Hold the power button for 15-30 seconds and let it rest for 15-20 minutes before plugging in (results in same led flashing pattern)

• Open it, disconnect the battery for 20 minutes before putting it back on and plugging in (same outcome)

• Disconnect the battery and try running it directly from power (no led lights at all, not booting).

I don't think I'd be able to go to a service center any time soon, is there anything else I can still try?

*We upgraded its 4gb ram last January 2020 with a single stick 16gb and the service center person said it was okay(?) did not have any major problem until now

Thanks in advanced 🙂

I checked bottom while pressing the spacebar and it looks like the fans are running as well when the keyboard lights up.

try using a multimeter to see if your power adapter is faulty 

On 3/2/2021 at 2:20 PM, rtdomingo said:

try using a multimeter to see if your power adapter is faulty 

I can't get a hand on that either. Looks like I'll have to take it to a service center soon :c