Light-Medium Gaming Desktop Recommendations

Budget (including currency): Php 40,000 to 55,000 (Philippine Pesos) or $823 to $1,131

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Kerbal Space Program (CPU intensive), Star Citizen, XCOM 2, Minecraft. Workloads include light editing and maybe some Blender animations. Also, a lot of writing.

Other details: Currently upgrading from an HP EliteBook 8460p from years and years ago. It has an i5-2520M, 8GB of RAM and Intel HD Graphics 3000. I am willing to accept as low as a GTX 1080 Ti or a GTX 1650 if the total price is relatively cheap. Amazon and Newegg products are acceptable, but the total shipping costs shouldn't pass the budget by more than $300. Getting parts locally is preferable, but US sellers are also good. Local sellers are those such as Lazada, and local Philippine retailers. When and if picking parts, please just take a peek at the reviews.

Only one monitor is fine, and the budget includes peripherals such as the latter and keyboard/mouse. Windows 10 should be included in the price unless a legitimate retailer can be found who sells it for cheap. I also wish for a comfortable and relatively quiet keyboard.

GTX1080ti and 1650 is on different level. lol.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

4 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

GTX1080ti and 1650 is on different level. lol.

Yeah, but those two are the cheapest I've found so far locally. ($191 for the 1650)

Philippine region build (shipping is $350 USD tho):

US region build:

If you don't have Amazon Prime, then I think the US build would still be best, because you're paying extra for the Philippine one. 

→  Kindly quote or mention me if you would like a reply back.

<famous quote>

13 hours ago, Jayzer said:

Philippine region build (shipping is $350 USD tho):

US region build:

If you don't have Amazon Prime, then I think the US build would still be best, because you're paying extra for the Philippine one. 

Oh, cool! I don't have Amazon Prime, though. Does the $948 include shipping from the US already?

The processor, memory, and HDD have free shipping.

If you don't have Amazon Prime, then the shipping budget should cover the rest of the parts like the motherboard, SSD and power supply.

Not sure about the GPU tho. You'd have to find one yourself under $320 USD at most, and for a new one as well.

If you could, wait for the shortage to stop, and try and find a reasonably priced 1660 Super at MSRP.

<famous quote>

39 minutes ago, Jayzer said:

The processor, memory, and HDD have free shipping.

If you don't have Amazon Prime, then the shipping budget should cover the rest of the parts like the motherboard, SSD and power supply.

Not sure about the GPU tho. You'd have to find one yourself under $320 USD at most, and for a new one as well.

If you could, wait for the shortage to stop, and try and find a reasonably priced 1660 Super at MSRP.

So, for the US build, the $948 includes shipping for everything but the processor, memory and HDD? If so, that could prove great. I'm also looking at an HP Omen with a 3060 for $1,169 which is also a strong contender.

21 minutes ago, Skynautics said:

So, for the US build, the $948 includes shipping for everything but the processor, memory and HDD?

Yes. B&H and Newegg provide free shipping, unlike Amazon where you need Prime. So it should cover the shipping.

22 minutes ago, Skynautics said:

I'm also looking at an HP Omen with a 3060 for $1,169 which is also a strong contender.

I assume that is the HP Omen 15z.

If you could increase your budget, I do suggest buying that laptop because building a PC now is fine, but getting a GPU in a new condition is next to impossible.

So if you'd like, you could go for the laptop.

<famous quote>

43 minutes ago, Jayzer said:

Yes. B&H and Newegg provide free shipping, unlike Amazon where you need Prime. So it should cover the shipping.

I assume that is the HP Omen 15z.

If you could increase your budget, I do suggest buying that laptop because building a PC now is fine, but getting a GPU in a new condition is next to impossible.

So if you'd like, you could go for the laptop.

Yeah, Omen 15z-en100. A 3060 laptop for $1,169 is good, but there's a 3070 variant for $1,309. It's a hard choice. Some people have said the 3060 can last up to 8 years, while the 3070 is upwards of 10.

Well if you have a tight budget, then go ahead with the 15z-en100. Not sure if you can sneak peripherals into the budget tho.

I checked the specs out and it should suit your needs.

And in 8 years, you'd probably already have a high-end PC.

<famous quote>

48 minutes ago, Jayzer said:

Well if you have a tight budget, then go ahead with the 15z-en100. Not sure if you can sneak peripherals into the budget tho.

I checked the specs out and it should suit your needs.

And in 8 years, you'd probably already have a high-end PC.

Oh ok. I can get cheap peripherals for less than $50 total anyways. Just so we're on the same page, here's the 15z-en100 I'm looking at: https://store.hp.com/us/en/ConfigureView?langId=-1&storeId=10151&catalogId=10051&catEntryId=3074457345619920323&urlLangId=&quantity=1

EDIT: Note that the version I'm going for has 16GB RAM and 512GB NVMe SSD. Some components were reconfigured.

Edited by Skynautics
Added edit

Alright, looks good!

<famous quote>