Hello everyone, I am look for helping with my build:

R7 5800X

B550m

Gtx 1080

2x8gb tridentz neo 2666mhz 

xpg core reactor 850w 

My problem is very similar to this

And this 

Initially my pc didn't post with 2 ram sticks, showing DRAM orange light, so I tried to boot with only one, and it worked! After this it worked fine with 2 sticks A2/B2 till now.

I tried to boot it up and I'm getting the same error with 2 sticks, but my previously solution isn't working anymore.

It only recognize only stick at time, (all four channels working) tried to clear CMOS, updated BIOS to latest version, tried other ram sticks, nothing works! 

Obs: This is my second time with b550m+Ryzen 7 5800x the first I bought didn't work at all, so I ask for a refund and they send me new ones.

Disclaimer:  I'm sorry if my English is not very good, hope you all understand me, thanks.

R7 5800X

B550m

Gtx 1080

xpg core reactor 850w 

And this 

Initially my pc didn't post with 2 ram sticks, showing DRAM orange light, so I tried to boot with only one, and it worked! After this it worked fine with 2 sticks A2/B2 till now.

I tried to boot it up and I'm getting the same error with 2 sticks, but my previously solution isn't working anymore.

It only recognize only stick at time, (all four channels working) tried to clear CMOS, updated BIOS to latest version, tried other ram sticks, nothing works! 

Obs: This is my second time with b550m+Ryzen 7 5800x the first I bought didn't work at all, so I ask for a refund and they send me new ones.

Disclaimer:  I'm sorry if my English is not very good, hope you all understand me, thanks.

If it’s never run before and it’s not posting while throwing a dram error my first suspicion is the ram.  Ram can go bad quite suddenly.  It can also be set for weird speeds but that shouldn’t matter.  Whatever speed ram it is it should go to post at default minimum of 2133 for ddr4.  Things to check:

are all the cables/slottted things in the right place and properly making contact? (Putting ram in the wrong slots can cause issues but there are other cable problems that can happen too) dram errors sometimes also mean cpu problems but the ram stuff needs to be ruled out first.  CPUs are expensive. The thing should post with only one stick of memory.  Won’t run great but it will run.  Maybe put a single stick in slot one, hit the button AMD see what happens.  If nothing try the otherZ. If still nothing it could be the memory port (so bad motherboard) or another issue.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

23 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

If it’s never run before and it’s not posting while throwing a dram error my first suspicion is the ram.  Ram can go bad quite suddenly.  It can also be set for weird speeds but that shouldn’t matter.  Whatever speed ram it is it should go to post at default minimum of 2133 for ddr4.  Things to check:

are all the cables/slottted things in the right place and properly making contact? (Putting ram in the wrong slots can cause issues but there are other cable problems that can happen too) dram errors sometimes also mean cpu problems but the ram stuff needs to be ruled out first.  CPUs are expensive. The thing should post with only one stick of memory.  Won’t run great but it will run.  Maybe put a single stick in slot one, hit the button AMD see what happens.  If nothing try the otherZ. If still nothing it could be the memory port (so bad motherboard) or another issue.

All cables are Ok

CPU seems ok, no pins damaged 

I dont know why both sticks are working now on A1/A2, channels B1 and B2 are working only if there just 1 stick (one in b1 or b2 and others empty)

20210228_232217.jpg

1 hour ago, Pedrobisoo said:

R7 5800X

B550m

Gtx 1080

xpg core reactor 850w 

And this 

Ram are not in sync. Did you purchase together in a bundle or separately? Was it used before you purchased it?

Either or, the ram isn't syncing properly. You'll have to go into BIOS, and instead of default to try to sync the ram automatically, you'll need to adjust it manually to a lower speed until they sync and run properly. Do not try to sync the ram at a higher speed, it cause more problems.

48 minutes ago, BillyGoat1776 said:

I think I'm understanding you so far 🙂

Have you tried disabling D.O.C.P. in the BIOS?  Asus has been having some issues with this feature.

Do you have any other memory you can try?  The D.O.C.P. issue is more prevalent with memory kits less than 32GB in size.  Might help narrow down the issue.

Good luck!

~Billy G.

This module, tridentz neo 2666mhz doesnt have D.O.C.P so its disable as default

Yes, I have a ripjaws V 2800mhz which have D.O.C.P but the mobo doesnt even post with them!

44 minutes ago, c00face said:

Ram are not in sync. Did you purchase together in a bundle or separately? Was it used before you purchased it?

Either or, the ram isn't syncing properly. You'll have to go into BIOS, and instead of default to try to sync the ram automatically, you'll need to adjust it manually to a lower speed until they sync and run properly. Do not try to sync the ram at a higher speed, it cause more problems.

I purchased in a bundle and it was new! They are working just fine on my Intel rig,

I did what you said and lowered the speed and times manually and it worked !! Had to slow it down to 1866Mhz and increased times, I will slowly increasing clock trying to keep it stable, thanks for helping me guys!!

16145701838134103220631425236874.jpg

10 minutes ago, BillyGoat1776 said:

TechPowerUp reviewd the 750w PSU in the same line as your 850w.

The 3.3v from that PSU (which supplies voltage to your memory) is a little unstable....just fyi:

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/xpg-core-reactor-750-w/9.html

Capture.JPG

I hope its not my psu, I tested with a thermaltake 600w too also didnt work

One more problem, it post with ram at 1866mhz, but if I increase one step to 2133mhz it doesnt work 😪

8 hours ago, Pedrobisoo said:

I did what you said and lowered the speed and times manually and it worked !! Had to slow it down to 1866Mhz and increased times, I will slowly increasing clock trying to keep it stable, thanks for helping me guys!!

Make sure to click resolved on post.

I also would check to see if you still have warranty on those ram sticks. When buying ram in bundles, they usually come factory sync and with less problems. Because these memory sticks are brand new and already have syncing issues with non-corrective advertising speed, I would definitely either return it for a refund or get news because they are practically of no use together.

Eventually, overtime, some memory stick at adjusted speed will start to sync at its advertised speed, but you don't want to chance that. Get new ones/refund.

11 hours ago, Pedrobisoo said:

All cables are Ok

CPU seems ok, no pins damaged 

I dont know why both sticks are working now on A1/A2, channels B1 and B2 are working only if there just 1 stick (one in b1 or b2 and others empty)

20210228_232217.jpg

That looks to be in a1 and b1.  The ram sticks are in different channels.  1&3 or 2&4 are considered better choices generally.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

• 4 weeks later...

try increase DRAM voltage to 1.35 or 1.36 or 1.37 and try 3000 MHz this is work for me

i have team group ram that should run oc 3200MHz

my motherboard asus b550m -plus WiFi