My GPU usage is not right

zilke

So I bought a 1080 Ti so I can have 144fps always on low settings for my apex legends carrier

But the Gpu is always working around 60 %, it is just not trying to achieve the 150 fps cap that I have set. I have tested the gpu on my friends rig, its working just as it should

I have made a clean windows install, didn't fix the problem

Used Display Driver Uninstaller many times on many different ways, didn't fix the problem

Increased power limits, didn't fix the problem

Updated Bios, didn't fix the problem

Turned XMP on, didn't fix the problem

I stress tested the gpu, cpu, they all work fine at full load without any problems
Cpu isn't bottlenecking the GPU

Temperatures are fine

I am literally losing my mind, I have never heard about this problem in my life. It is just so weird 

Pc specs:

1080 Ti MSI Gmaing X 11GB

Ryzen 5 2600

32 GB Corsair DDR4 RAM

EVGA G2 750W

B450 TOMAHAWK

144hz 24G2 AOC monitor

CPU is bottlenecking the GPU

Fixed that for you

R9 5900X, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240, Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE V2, 2x16GB Kingston FuryX 3800MHZ CL18 Hynix DJR "Tuned" , Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC, Windows 11

make sure you don't have any framelimit set in your APEX graphics settings or the GPU settings on your pc. Also make sure it is seated correctly. My card is heavy and tends to sag and I noticed a slight performance hit before I reseated it. If this is the issue there's plenty of ways to support the weight of your card in the case

35 minutes ago, zilke said:

So I bought a 1080 Ti so I can have 144fps always on low settings for my apex legends carrier

But the Gpu is always working around 60 %, it is just not trying to achieve the 150 fps cap that I have set. I have tested the gpu on my friends rig, its working just as it should

I have made a clean windows install, didn't fix the problem

Used Display Driver Uninstaller many times on many different ways, didn't fix the problem

Increased power limits, didn't fix the problem

Updated Bios, didn't fix the problem

Turned XMP on, didn't fix the problem

I stress tested the gpu, cpu, they all work fine at full load without any problems
Cpu isn't bottlenecking the GPU

Temperatures are fine

I am literally losing my mind, I have never heard about this problem in my life. It is just so weird 

Pc specs:

1080 Ti MSI Gmaing X 11GB

Ryzen 5 2600

32 GB Corsair DDR4 RAM

EVGA G2 750W

B450 TOMAHAWK

144hz 24G2 AOC monitor

I'm kind of having the same issue, but i think its my resolution.. have you checked both the GPU and CPU usage during the game session? Use MSI Afterburner's RTSS (riva tuner statistics server)

hi, im renata bliss and am ur freestyle dance teacher

Knock it down to 90 hz and relax.  People who know a lot more about vision than you and I have all agreed that it is nearly-impossible to see faster than that.  Many state that 90% of people can't perceive faster than 60 hz.

I wish I could answer the question you are asking, but might I ask why you are choosing low level graphics with high frame rates instead of a more balanced performance/quality setting?

It must be true, I read it on the internet...

20 minutes ago, shoutingsteve said:

Knock it down to 90 hz and relax.  People who know a lot more about vision than you and I have all agreed that it is nearly-impossible to see faster than that.  Many state that 90% of people can't perceive faster than 60 hz.

I wish I could answer the question you are asking, but might I ask why you are choosing low level graphics with high frame rates instead of a more balanced performance/quality setting?

what the hell did you just write xD

29 minutes ago, CgEpp said:

make sure you don't have any framelimit set in your APEX graphics settings or the GPU settings on your pc. Also make sure it is seated correctly. My card is heavy and tends to sag and I noticed a slight performance hit before I reseated it. If this is the issue there's plenty of ways to support the weight of your card in the case

there is no framelimit

My gpu is currently in a horizontal motherboard, so I think its okay

my gpu has full load in benchmark tests, so I think gpu is positioned fine

31 minutes ago, 1ppOverheat said:

I'm kind of having the same issue, but i think its my resolution.. have you checked both the GPU and CPU usage during the game session? Use MSI Afterburner's RTSS (riva tuner statistics server)

yes, I am using afterburner all of the time

the usage for the cpu is always around at 40 % and gpu is always around 60 %

2 minutes ago, zilke said:

what the hell did you just write xD

I'm saying that you should not bother trying to reach that frame rate because it is Imperceivable...
Should you be able to push your GPU to force out that frame rate? in theory yes.  Did I missread your question and think you were saying that even on low settings your GPU was using 60%, yes.  My bad. haha

It must be true, I read it on the internet...

5 minutes ago, shoutingsteve said:

I'm saying that you should not bother trying to reach that frame rate because it is Imperceivable...
Should you be able to push your GPU to force out that frame rate? in theory yes.  Did I missread your question and think you were saying that even on low settings your GPU was using 60%, yes.  My bad. haha

yeah you missread it

I want to have constant 144hz, I have a carrier in apex, apex isnt that optimized

so if you want to be super good, 144hz stable framerate is a mininium