GPU: GTX 950

RAM: 2x8gb DDR3 Corsair Vengeance 

PSU: Alpine 850W

What happened: 

I followed a Youtube tutorial to Clone my windows using macrium reflect

https://youtu.be/CHCENfs87F4

^^^^
the exact video.

So I followed along all fine and actually got windows on my SSD as it booted much faster than my HDD, but then the video continues on to show how to now wipe the old hard drive completely using the command prompt, so I follow along and wipe my disk 0, the hard drive or what i’m nearly sure was my hard drive, because if i wiped my SSD surely windows would’ve died then and there right?

so then I go into macrium reflect Pre Environment (i think, i have a USB that i can access the drives with) and find the drives and try and boot from the SSD, this is where everything goes wrong, I get an instant blue screen windows error in super low res.

Then, I try and do some normal trouble shooting and can’t get past the bios or PE really, but eventually i got to where i am now.

The PC now wont let me past the UEFI BIOS splash screen, the only thing I have found that i’m able to do is as soon as the PC starts, I can press CTRL + ALT + DEL and it restarts itself, but when the BIOS screen has been up for more than a few seconds, it completely freezes control of anything

Solutions tried:

resat RAM

removed and reinstalled CMOS battery

removed GPU and got display straight from the motherboard

Specs:

Motherboard: ASUS Z97-P

GPU: GTX 950

RAM: 2x8gb DDR3 Corsair Vengeance 

PSU: Alpine 850W

What happened: 

I followed a Youtube tutorial to Clone my windows using macrium reflect

https://youtu.be/CHCENfs87F4

^^^^
the exact video.

So I followed along all fine and actually got windows on my SSD as it booted much faster than my HDD, but then the video continues on to show how to now wipe the old hard drive completely using the command prompt, so I follow along and wipe my disk 0, the hard drive or what i’m nearly sure was my hard drive, because if i wiped my SSD surely windows would’ve died then and there right?

so then I go into macrium reflect Pre Environment (i think, i have a USB that i can access the drives with) and find the drives and try and boot from the SSD, this is where everything goes wrong, I get an instant blue screen windows error in super low res.

Then, I try and do some normal trouble shooting and can’t get past the bios or PE really, but eventually i got to where i am now.

The PC now wont let me past the UEFI BIOS splash screen, the only thing I have found that i’m able to do is as soon as the PC starts, I can press CTRL + ALT + DEL and it restarts itself, but when the BIOS screen has been up for more than a few seconds, it completely freezes control of anything

Solutions tried:

resat RAM

12 minutes ago, Jaxckxx said:

Solutions tried:

resat RAM

Yeah, I've seen this happen before. You'll probably want to do the "forced NVRAM/RTC reset"

If you have a gaming keyboard you might need to unplug it and find an older one (or look for a BIOS switch on the keyboard which is what corsair ones have) to enter the UEFI bios if you've enabled fast boot. Fast boot does NOT initialize anything, basically the OS does everything, and if you've wiped the OS, that's going to be a problem.

Another option to getting into the UEFI bios would be to unplug all the drives to force a "no boot disk" error. 

IIRC, to prevent the lockup from happening (I have an ASRock z87) I had to reinstall the OS, because it's trying to boot something broken. At the point I decided to fix it was after I had been trying to fix this lockup from happening after any soft-reboot (hard reboots of powering off and powering back on, work only the first time)  and discovered that the USB is the cause (specifically USB hard drives, which I have three of.)

Never wipe the old drive until you sure the cloning process goes perfectly.

Do you have an error message on the blue screen?

Most of the time problem like this is caused by error in the boot loader or the boot loader has no such reference to your new ssd.

Did you clone the whole drive or just the windows partitions?

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

21 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

Never wipe the old drive until you sure the cloning process goes perfectly.

Do you have an error message on the blue screen?

Most of the time problem like this is caused by error in the boot loader or the boot loader has no such reference to your new ssd.

Did you clone the whole drive or just the windows partitions?

thank you for the reply, I cloned the whole drive in accordance to the video, so I dragged the partitions and I assumed I did it correctly by me being able to boot up windows on the SSD but i’m not sure anymore

30 minutes ago, Kisai said:

Yeah, I've seen this happen before. You'll probably want to do the "forced NVRAM/RTC reset"

If you have a gaming keyboard you might need to unplug it and find an older one (or look for a BIOS switch on the keyboard which is what corsair ones have) to enter the UEFI bios if you've enabled fast boot. Fast boot does NOT initialize anything, basically the OS does everything, and if you've wiped the OS, that's going to be a problem.

Another option to getting into the UEFI bios would be to unplug all the drives to force a "no boot disk" error. 

IIRC, to prevent the lockup from happening (I have an ASRock z87) I had to reinstall the OS, because it's trying to boot something broken. At the point I decided to fix it was after I had been trying to fix this lockup from happening after any soft-reboot (hard reboots of powering off and powering back on, work only the first time)  and discovered that the USB is the cause (specifically USB hard drives, which I have three of.)

thank you for the reply it means a lot, I have just tried the no drives option to try and force a boot error but it hasn’t recognised that there is no drives whatsoever in the PC so I still can’t get into BIOS, I just looked at my Keyboard that I got with the PC and it hasn’t got the BIOS switch that you were talking about.

I am completely lost now though, but thank you very much for trying to help, honestly means a lot and if you have any other ideas i’d happily listen.

5 minutes ago, Jaxckxx said:

thank you for the reply it means a lot, I have just tried the no drives option to try and force a boot error but it hasn’t recognised that there is no drives whatsoever in the PC so I still can’t get into BIOS, I just looked at my Keyboard that I got with the PC and it hasn’t got the BIOS switch that you were talking about.

I am completely lost now though, but thank you very much for trying to help, honestly means a lot and if you have any other ideas i’d happily listen.

Ok, if you have PS2 ports on the MB, see if you have a PS2 keyboard laying around somewhere, or find the cheapest squishy, wired, USB keyboard and try that. Part of the problem is that keyboards that are backlit, draw too much power, so any non-backlit keyboard should work in theory.

That video give a very bad advice on wiping the HDD right after you clone it.

Now that you lost the old hdd you can't reclone it.

You can try to recreate / fix the boot loader on the new drive with the recovery cd / windows intaller.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w