Pc turn off problem

So ive been haveing this problem with my pc where sometimes my pc ramps up the fan speed to like max and my pc turns off but the lights in the computer stays on, i recently installed a water cooler to my cpu and i thought i bent some of the pins when i looked at it and i dont think i did although i could be wrong it still boots but the turning off thing worries me plz help this is my school work pc

Pc specs- i7 8700k processor, msi z370 gaming pro carbon motherboard, gtx asus 1070ti, 16 gigs of ram,  32 gigs of intel optain memory, and 2 hard drives 

58 minutes ago, crimson_blood0412 said:

So ive been haveing this problem with my pc where sometimes my pc ramps up the fan speed to like max and my pc turns off but the lights in the computer stays on, i recently installed a water cooler to my cpu and i thought i bent some of the pins when i looked at it and i dont think i did although i could be wrong it still boots but the turning off thing worries me plz help this is my school work pc

Pc specs- i7 8700k processor, msi z370 gaming pro carbon motherboard, gtx asus 1070ti, 16 gigs of ram,  32 gigs of intel optain memory, and 2 hard drives 

Check temps. Even if its water-cooled, if its installed the wrong way then it wont help.