Help with multi-gpu crypto mining

Nohbodhi
Go to solution Solved by Mick Naughty,

Just make a profile for that card as well when it comes with what ever gpu program you are using. 
Undervolt, memory overclock, fan profile ect. 

Aside from that not much, just start what ever miner you are using and it will take care of the rest. Assuming you aren’t using something like hiveos. 

I wouldn’t use multiple miners, but it wouldn’t hurt. I use one per system. Another miner means a potentially higher dev free or the opposite. 
Unless you mean the same miner multiple times, you can’t run multiple instances of the same one. 

I think there is an easier way to show my rig but this is my first time on LTT forum

My rig:

R5 3600 (4.2 GHz)

B450 Tomahawk (non-max)

Rx 5700 (non-xt, flashed to xt, under clocked when mining)

3000 mhz lpx ddr4 

700w evga bronze non-modular 

And enough fans and good enough case to cool 2 relatively low power cards

One of my friends wanted to get into PC gaming after I built mine, I wanted to build him one but finding parts in my area at the time was difficult so I just had him buy a prebuilt and helped him upgrade his gpu (from a 5500 xt to a 5700) He gave me his unused 5500 xt for free (good friend right?) so now I have an extra gpu.

Everything I know about computers is from watching LTT and other tech videos so my knowledge is rather limited; and I've only ever built 1 pc, my own. I was able to flash my gpu, and oc my cpu though, so I'm not a complete idiot. I started mining recently, as per recommendation from King Lienus, and as I get back to school my gpu has a lot of down time even when I'm using my pc. I googled and know the non-max tomahawk can support 2 AMD gpus, but I know little else about multi-gpu. Can I just plug and play? Do I need to buy anything else? Will it interfere with my flashed 5700? Should I look out for anything when trying to set up multiple workers? 

Disclaimer I don't know much about mining but from the little I do know

1 hour ago, Nohbodhi said:

Can I just plug and play?

Yes assuming you set up another miner or add the 5500xt to the current miner.

Do I need to buy anything else

Nope

Will it interfere with my flashed 5700?

Probably not.

Should I look out for anything when trying to set up multiple workers? 

Don't mine myself so can't really help you there

Again don't take this as 100% rule as I don't mine myself and I just base this on the few times I visited some mining subreddits.

Quote me for a reply, React if I was helpful, informative, or funny

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

Just make a profile for that card as well when it comes with what ever gpu program you are using. 
Undervolt, memory overclock, fan profile ect. 

Aside from that not much, just start what ever miner you are using and it will take care of the rest. Assuming you aren’t using something like hiveos. 

I wouldn’t use multiple miners, but it wouldn’t hurt. I use one per system. Another miner means a potentially higher dev free or the opposite. 
Unless you mean the same miner multiple times, you can’t run multiple instances of the same one. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz