What could the issue with my monitor be?

Ronath

So I've been debating for awhile what's the issue with one of my monitors.

It's an MSI MAG 241C and about two years old. 

First concern: It's color is very off from my MSI MAG 240 CR that I bought a year later when my old second monitor died, but I just decided that it's just silly to think that two MSI products would have remotely similar color profiles.

Second concern, that should have been the first, it doesn't understand that the computer is asleep. The monitor may (or may not) turn back on while my computer is asleep independent on whether or not my computer woke up. Even now that I turn off my PC nightly, it has to 'turn on' to turn off about 30-60 minutes after I shutdown. This has been an issue since purchase.

Third concern: when hit with a heavy load, such as a AAA game at whatever settings my RX580 can struggle to with 100fps, the screen eventually crashes. It doesn't shutdown and my computer thinks its still on. It used to my primary display, but after a couple of rounds of trying to tug a game to the other monitor sight unseen, I switched it. It still crashes, even when it's not running the game. It has occurred it might be an issue with the GPU or the Display Port its in, but I've been avoiding those games to a degree because of this issue. (also FAH runs fine at medium (with me doing other thing normally) without issue which makes it seem like maybe it's not a GPU issue)

Fourth concern: A distortion has appeared on the screen. About two inches across, just under an inch tall, Almost could be something that fell on it, except that if something leaned against it and cause that much of a mark would have fallen off my desk and moved the monitor (and probably taken something along with it) and it's right in front of the HDMI cable - because it serves double duty as second monitor and Switch dock (aforementioned issue 3 had not yet happened with the Switch and I've definitely played long enough for it). The distortion is not too noticible depending on what's on the screen (more visible on a black screen than watching video) and doesn't have a physical feel to it.

Is it possible that I have a short or some component is overheating inside the monitor and now damaging the LCD?