100 cpu, 0% gpu usage on taskmanager after reset, forgot how to fix with old windows updates and cab files?

Eradicationism

i have a weird system, but a 3700x and 1660ti nonetheless, it was running fine at 99% gpu & 20-50% cpu at 1080p in games in task manager until 3 days ago when i downloaded dragon center to change motherboard lighting and ran ccleaner on my system and registry and i think its the registry that did it so i just reinstalled windows by resetting the pc, but i don't remember the youtube video i watched a long time ago for the registry commands, or windows update tool/reinstaller, and cab files, to fix the task manager and games not hooking with the gpu correctly to show gpu usage and my cpu spikes to 100% whenever i run a game and that did that before however i found the fix but like i have said have lost it it was a old warzone 100% cpu usage fix from what i recall, i have reinstalled windows and did ddu on my graphics drivers though to no avail, haven't tried a fresh install from usb that is what i was going to do next, i have minecraft for testing too and as soon as i run it, it spikes instantly to 100% cpu and uses minimal gpu...

DESKTOP-346URUA.speccy

to make it clear i completely reset the pc deleting everything other than wiping the drive and just reinstalled a few things for audio and such. shouldn't that have reset the registry?

also will upgrading to windows 20h2 over my already existing 20h2, through the windows creation tool reinstall a new windows the same as making a media drive?

because i have a m.2 ssd and i am trying anything necessary to not go the usb way because i hear it is a nightmare.

Edited by Eradicationism
more thoughts.

ok, as long as the installer does most the work and thank you for helping out.

unfortunately it did not fix the problem to reinstall windows from a usb, everything else works fine and doesn't make the cpu spike to 100% only games do for some reason, also before all this my gpu was using gpu 0 - copy to show the usage now the highest usages are just gpu 0 - 3d and that is desktop window manager at 4% and client server runtime process if that helps at all.