slow internet speeds on Alienware M15 R3.

Cpt_Poopie_Pants

So, i have a 2020 version of the Alienware M15 R3 W/ I7 10gen, 32 gigs of ram, OLED Screen @60HrZ, and a RTX 2080 Super.

I cannot for the life of me find out why its so laggy. ive updated all drivers and OS updates that it has in windows.

|Intel I9 9900K || Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING || Corsair Vengeance RGB Ram 3600 || Corsair 1000k watt PSU || Kraken AIO || NVIDIA ASUS RTX 4070 TI Strix  || Samsung 970 EVO 250gb M.2 SSD || Samsung 860 EVO 1tb SSD |

What does a network speed test give you as a result? How does it compare to other devices in your house?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

-> Moved to Troubleshooting

Please explain what you mean with "laggy". Your PC specs, apart from LAN device, have very little to do with internet speeds. CPU and RAM become factor when loading/rendering websites. But even then we are talking about 10 year old hardware.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

when it comes to bandwidth tests i use Speestest.net. Readings are 6Mbs on my laptop. When i run it on my PC everything is fine and i get about 800Mbs. 

when i say "Laggy" , I'm talking about the page load times and gaming has taken a huge hit as well.  On my PC everything is ok and i get the right bandwidth.

I rolled back drivers and disabled and reenabled. I've tried different networks as well and was met with the same result. Ive also checked the connection from modem to router and everything is fine and running around 800Mbs.

WIFI Router is an Orby RBR50. My modem is a Surfboard gigabit cable modem.

|Intel I9 9900K || Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING || Corsair Vengeance RGB Ram 3600 || Corsair 1000k watt PSU || Kraken AIO || NVIDIA ASUS RTX 4070 TI Strix  || Samsung 970 EVO 250gb M.2 SSD || Samsung 860 EVO 1tb SSD |

Here is the link yo my WiFi card 

https://www.killernetworking.com/products/killer-ax1650/

On 2/26/2021 at 11:01 PM, Cpt_Poopie_Pants said:

So, i have a 2020 version of the Alienware M15 R3 W/ I7 10gen, 32 gigs of ram, OLED Screen @60HrZ, and a RTX 2080 Super.

I cannot for the life of me find out why its so laggy. ive updated all drivers and OS updates that it has in windows.

My best guess is that it's your IPv6. Go into network adapter settings, properties, and UNCHECK the IPv6 so that you're only using IPv4.

Ok I'll do that when I get home tonight.