question about audio in steam in home streaming.

lukeforrest94

i will start by first off  apologizing  if this should be in the audio section.

so i am streaming from my computer (with 5.1 speakers attached) to my laptop connected into my TV(sound coming out of TV via HDMI).

is their a way to have my sound coming out of the 5.1 speakers  instead  of my TV?

Disable the HDMI audio devices in Windows. Make sure your 5.1 output is enabled.

Disable the HDMI audio devices in Windows. Make sure your 5.1 output is enabled.

the 5.1 is not attached to my laptop which is the client in this set up with the sound come through my 5.1 on my gaming PC

the 5.1 is not attached to my laptop which is the client in this set up with the sound come through my 5.1 on my gaming PC

O.o How do you have it set up?

O.o How do you have it set up?

gaming PC which does the work has 5.1 speakers attached 

laptop connected to the TV 

using steam in home streaming i stream the game from my gaming pc to the laptop so it plays the game through my TV. how ever the sound comes through the TV.

i want the sound to come through the 5.1 surround system that is connected to my gaming PC 

gaming PC which does the work has 5.1 speakers attached 

laptop connected to the TV 

using steam in home streaming i stream the game from my gaming pc to the laptop so it plays the game through my TV. how ever the sound comes through the TV.

i want the sound to come through the 5.1 surround system that is connected to my gaming PC 

I think if you have an optical audio out on your tv you can connect that to your 5.1 system. Other than that I don't know what you could do.

I think if you have an optical audio out on your tv you can connect that to your 5.1 system. Other than that I don't know what you could do.

thanks for the  suggestion