So Im goning to try folding for the first time

Well it sounds like a good cause and might be kinda fun, so ill give it a chance. I havent a clue why its so popular though i was hoping someone might point me in the right direction, i have it running but what do i do now?

Folding Slot Status Progress ETA PPD PRCG gpu:0:Tahiti PRO [Radeon HD 7950] RUNNING
2.23%
17 hours 46 mins 2422 11293 (12, 58, 42) cpu:7 RUNNING
9.72%
3 hours 48 mins 24188 8082 (32, 86, 11)

thats my screen right now if that helps anyone if anyway shape or form.

Welcome to the team. It becomes a bit infectious, trying to rank up the team score. :)

Make sure you have the right team number and get a passkey. 

Check out the stickies and feel free to ask any questions.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Once you have it running, That it. 

You don't have to do anything else but watch it slowly complete the current WU and fetch another one (if you let it that is).  :D

As for why it's so popular, That's harder to explain as that's base on the person. Although most people fall into these 3 groups that make F@H so popular:

For most people, F@H might find a cure (or at least point Medical Science in the right direction) for a disease that plagues their friend(s), family, or them self. (Biggest group)

For others, (like me) enjoy helping others in some from of fashion.

The last group just loves to compete with others (with numbers) and think this is a good way to do it. 

There is probably a few smaller groups that I'm probably forgetting but those are the main groups.

As for pointing in the right direction, I would say check out the stickies.

They have a lot of info and links that fully explains what F@H is and what the purpose behind it is.