AC Valhalla Save Game Issues

StephenHolts

Hi Everyone.

Can someone explain how i can get passed the below issue.

Im trying to play Valhalla in offline mode, but when i select offline mode, and try to load my game, all my gear resets to its starting values, and all my Runes are gone.

When i put online mode and reload the saves everything is back to normal.

Sounds like your saves are linked to your account and not local on your PC. Next time you load up online, see if there's an option to save to your computer instead of a server. 

If not, you might be able to force it using a recovery mechanism similar games have. Log in online, load up your save. Once everything is up and running, disconnect your internet. This should force the game to save to the computer.

11 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

Sounds like your saves are linked to your account and not local on your PC. Next time you load up online, see if there's an option to save to your computer instead of a server. 

If not, you might be able to force it using a recovery mechanism similar games have. Log in online, load up your save. Once everything is up and running, disconnect your internet. This should force the game to save to the computer.

Have tried this now. No Luck.

It loads the save file. But it strips my gear back to basic level, and all the runes equipped in it vanish.

3 minutes ago, StephenHolts said:

Have tried this now. No Luck.

It loads the save file. But it strips my gear back to basic level, and all the runes equipped in it vanish.

You need to be a little more detailed when troubleshooting, or it'll be impossible to help you. Let's try again-

You go online, you load the game, and it still doesn't load your gear etc? But... It still LOADS the save game - you're in the same area, at the same point in the story/quests etc.? Because it sounds like it's loading the game but deliberately messing with the save file to force you to log in.

Just now, Aereldor said:

You need to be a little more detailed when troubleshooting, or it'll be impossible to help you. Let's try again-

You go online, you load the game, and it still doesn't load your gear etc? But... It still LOADS the save game - you're in the same area, at the same point in the story/quests etc.? Because it sounds like it's loading the game but deliberately messing with the save file to force you to log in.

I load a save game while in Online mode.

No issues. its where I left off, all my gear is perfect.

Then I close the game. Put Ubisoft in Offline mode.

Load the exact same file.

I'm in the exact same location, But My gear is no longer upgraded, and all the runes that were in my gear have vanished.

My quests are still all the same, Only my gear is gone.

2 minutes ago, StephenHolts said:

I load a save game while in Online mode.

No issues. its where I left off, all my gear is perfect.

Then I close the game. Put Ubisoft in Offline mode.

Load the exact same file.

I'm in the exact same location, But My gear is no longer upgraded, and all the runes that were in my gear have vanished.

My quests are still all the same, Only my gear is gone.

Hmm. This sounds like a bug that you're not going to be able to fix on your own. 

That said, I googled it... Found this solution to a related issue -

Top comment says manually delete your saves, go into online mode, play a bit and save again so it rewrites the save files, and then try. This would explain it if it was a corrupted save file that was being edited rather than rewritten.

43 minutes ago, StephenHolts said:

Hi Everyone.

Can someone explain how i can get passed the below issue.

Im trying to play Valhalla in offline mode, but when i select offline mode, and try to load my game, all my gear resets to its starting values, and all my Runes are gone.

When i put online mode and reload the saves everything is back to normal.

Sounds similar to my issue I had a while back with Valhalla. When I put it in offline mode it forced me to start a new game. I had to disable cloud save synchronization in Uplay to get it to recognize local saves.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

10 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

Hmm. This sounds like a bug that you're not going to be able to fix on your own. 

That said, I googled it... Found this solution to a related issue -

Top comment says manually delete your saves, go into online mode, play a bit and save again so it rewrites the save files, and then try. This would explain it if it was a corrupted save file that was being edited rather than rewritten.

Already tried this. No Luck. Deleted it, Played a bit. But still same issue. Tried to Contact Ubisoft and explain, there literal answer was. "Yes You must Have Internet"

That doesn't really answer any question 😄

15 minutes ago, tikker said:

Sounds similar to my issue I had a while back with Valhalla. When I put it in offline mode it forced me to start a new game. I had to disable cloud save synchronization in Uplay to get it to recognize local saves.

Also tried this. Still no luck..

Its weird how its only the gear and Runes that vanish

The reason im trying to play offline is im often getting these massive frame drops.

im running a 3070 but im dropping to low 40s on 1080P.

Iv read that it could be the fact that Ubisoft could be sending information while gaming that might cause the stutters.

11 minutes ago, StephenHolts said:

Also tried this. Still no luck..

Its weird how its only the gear and Runes that vanish

Are any of the runes/gear from those "limited edition" stuff you buy with opals? Wouldn't find it beyond them to "forget" you own that once the internet connection drops.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

27 minutes ago, tikker said:

Are any of the runes/gear from those "limited edition" stuff you buy with opals? Wouldn't find it beyond them to "forget" you own that once the internet connection drops.

To be honest not 100% sure.

Also what happens is my Gear is in my inventory, but all the upgrades iv done to it are reset and all the leather and gold it cost to upgrade is back in my inventory.

Only the Runes are completely gone.