Safe to use 6+8 pin molex adapter GTX760?

Vermilion572

Wanted to know if it safe to use 1 molex to 6 pin and 2 molex to 8 pin for my gpu.

I have a GTX 760 Windforce 4gb and a seasonic psu. (Refer to attached photos)

20210225_182347.jpg

20210225_182327.jpg

20210225_182310.jpg

no, should never use a molex adapter. Get yourself a proper PSU. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Wouldn't advise it. Molex adaptors have been known to catch fire. 

For a GPU that requires that much power, I'd advise getting a PSU that has the right connectors in the first place.

a single molex connector can go up to 60w, a single 6-pin needs 75w. same issue with the 8-pin adapter. even worse if the molex connectors are all in one cable since one 12v wire isn't gonna be able to run 225w without cooking itself in the process.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

Why in heaven's name are you trying to use a 250W PSU with a 170W video card??

The last time I had a PSU that TINY was over 20 years ago!

Not only that, that seems to have two 12v rails, 18A each, and god knows what rail the video card is going to sit on.

18*12=216W but I don't know if the magic smoke is going to come out here.

I hope you're not trying to start a fire or destroy your computer or something..

Buy a decent PSU.  What are your full computer specs?  I'm guessing you should have at least a 450W PSU.

pick up a budget 400-450w PSU and save yourself a house fire. You would even be better off getting a cheap used PSU.

Gigabyte Aorus 15G :: i7-10870H CPU :: 3080 :: DDR4 3200 2x16GB :: 1TB + 2TB SSD :: Gigabyte M32Q :: Edifier MR4

There is nothing wrong trying it. As long you are putting the computer itself on non-fire hazard place..

If it turn into fire, then u can ask sugar mama to buy you a new computer 😮 .

Ive seen a lot of this stuff in India and I say if those Indian people got balls to do it. Then try it 🙂

4 minutes ago, Kupal said:

There is nothing wrong trying it. As long you are putting the computer itself on non-fire hazard place..

Ive seen a lot of this stuff in India and I say if those Indian people got balls to do it. Then try it 🙂

except... there is a LOT wrong with trying it.. like killing components, starting fires... blowing up your system.. etc.. 🙃

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

15 minutes ago, Kupal said:

There is so much wrong with this post I don't even know where to start...

Please get a new PSU, it dosn't even have to be a good expensive one, just something usable from a name brand with enough watts and the right connectors.

Thank you for the advice. Having trouble getting a proper psu due to covid, and was hoping I could get away with a cheap psu and molex adapters.

Will most likely wait until I can get a normal psu

On 2/25/2021 at 1:44 AM, Skiiwee29 said:

except... there is a LOT wrong with trying it.. like killing components, starting fires... blowing up your system.. etc.. 🙃

Im sorry. But it does not BLOW up your system like a hand grenade.. You never work in electrical unit before.. It will cause fire, but it wont BLOW up..

When you plug a 110v PSU to 240volt outlet (Even if you have "GOLD RATING PSU or MILITARY BUILD PSU) in just few minutes you can smell a burnt PSU and that heat melt the wiring plastic and cause fire..

The reason why PSU get burnt is because

#1 Electrical Surge -l let say your outlet has bad wiring and sending wrong voltage. or tripped circuit breaker or when there a blackout and it restore ac that send higher output voltage in millisecond before your circuit breaker manage to prevent it. so best way to protect your PSU is invest in surge protector in-case you dont know who wired your electrical unit. Ive seen alot of Brand Name PSU burnt even if they have 500-600-900watts lol

2 minutes ago, Kupal said:

Im sorry. But it does not BLOW up your system like a hand grenade.. You never work in electrical unit before.. It will cause fire, but it wont BLOW up..

When you plug a 110v PSU to 240volt outlet (Even if you have "GOLD RATING PSU or MILITARY BUILD PSU) in just few minutes you can smell a burnt PSU and that heat melt the wiring plastic and cause fire..

The reason why PSU get burnt is because

#1 Electrical Surge -l let say your outlet has bad wiring and sending wrong voltage. or tripped circuit breaker or when there a blackout and it restore ac that send higher output voltage in millisecond before your circuit breaker manage to prevent it. so best way to protect your PSU is invest in surge protector in-case you dont know who wired your electrical unit. Ive seen alot of Brand Name PSU burnt even if they have 500-600-900watts lol

Figure of speech, didn't mean it literally. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig