Which Omron Mouse Switch?

HussainM

Hi, I bought Logitech G502 HERO from local online market (OLX) here in my country, the mouse is almost new but I know that I'm gonna need switches soon.

I read about omron switches (link below) but i'm still confuse which one to get (from aliexpress). I will of course buy japan switches but there are 5-6 variants available. 

I want switch that feels like the original G502 switches, not very soft and not very stiff. I already repaired my G502 proteus spectrum in the past (5-6 times) so there will be no problem. 

I was thinking about buying Razer Basilisk Essential from Aliexpress but I got this one in much less price. 

Thanks

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=81743.0

AFAIK, the G502 uses Omron 50M switches, you can recognize them by the blue dot. I'd recommend looking at the Kailh GM 4.0 and 8.0 switches too, as they are generally considered better replacements for Omrons.

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

Thanks for reply.

Yeah G502 HERO uses 50 mil blue dot switches and they are the most unreliable that's why I wanna use 10 or 20 mil switches.

I didn't know about Kailh GM 4.0 and 8.0 switches, I'll check them out. Do Kailh switches fit perfectly in G502?

Thanks

Edit:

I just watched some videos about switches and sound comparison and Kailh seems pretty noisy and some viewers say it's little bit stiff/hard to press compare to omron.

3 hours ago, HussainM said:

Thanks for reply.

Yeah G502 HERO uses 50 mil blue dot switches and they are the most unreliable that's why I wanna use 10 or 20 mil switches.

I didn't know about Kailh GM 4.0 and 8.0 switches, I'll check them out. Do Kailh switches fit perfectly in G502?

Thanks

Edit:

I just watched some videos about switches and sound comparison and Kailh seems pretty noisy and some viewers say it's little bit stiff/hard to press compare to omron.

Sorry for the late reply, please don't forget to quote or mention the person you're replying to so that they can get a notification that you replied 😉. Kailh GM switches work just fine in the G502 as far as I know, they are a bit stiffer but not much, I think the same holds true for the Omron 20Ms. If you like the feel of the stock switches, there's no need to replace them by the way. I used the heck out of my G502 for 2 or so years and the middle mouse button was the first that failed, the main switches still work fine. It is speculated that the 50Ms fail much more often in wireless mice, because they are run at a lower voltage in those mice.

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

13 hours ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Sorry for the late reply, please don't forget to quote or mention the person you're replying to so that they can get a notification that you replied 😉. Kailh GM switches work just fine in the G502 as far as I know, they are a bit stiffer but not much, I think the same holds true for the Omron 20Ms. If you like the feel of the stock switches, there's no need to replace them by the way. I used the heck out of my G502 for 2 or so years and the middle mouse button was the first that failed, the main switches still work fine. It is speculated that the 50Ms fail much more often in wireless mice, because they are run at a lower voltage in those mice.

Thanks for reply and sorry for not quoting your reply.

I found this info from reddit, it's a spreadsheet and from these info I would go for either Chinese omron D2FC-F-7N(G1) 20 mil or Zippy DF3-P1 20 mil. I also found that japanese omron switches are slightly taller than chinese omron and does not work as it suppose to even after modifying the plunger or shell.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1x9iUvx3j2GiWwj_o2_jmsofY0Hoppg26QWolg-_Uaj4/edit#gid=0

15 minutes ago, HussainM said:

Thanks for reply and sorry for not quoting your reply.

I found this info from reddit, it's a spreadsheet and from these info I would go for either Chinese omron D2FC-F-7N(G1) 20 mil or Zippy DF3-P1 20 mil. I also found that japanese omron switches are slightly taller than chinese omron and does not work as it suppose to even after modifying the plunger or shell.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1x9iUvx3j2GiWwj_o2_jmsofY0Hoppg26QWolg-_Uaj4/edit#gid=0

I haven't looked that much into switches to be honest. They are pretty cheap on aliexpress though, so if you aren't completely sure which ones you want, you can order a few of each model to try them out and see if they fit and order more of the ones you like.

• 3 months later...
On 2/24/2021 at 12:30 PM, HussainM said:

Hi, I bought Logitech G502 HERO from local online market (OLX) here in my country, the mouse is almost new but I know that I'm gonna need switches soon.

I read about omron switches (link below) but i'm still confuse which one to get (from aliexpress). I will of course buy japan switches but there are 5-6 variants available. 

I want switch that feels like the original G502 switches, not very soft and not very stiff. I already repaired my G502 proteus spectrum in the past (5-6 times) so there will be no problem. 

I was thinking about buying Razer Basilisk Essential from Aliexpress but I got this one in much less price. 

Thanks

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=81743.0

Hi, which switches are originally in the G502 Proteus Spectrum? Because my brother needs to replace them but we could not find how many million clicks the original stock ones are.

Basically anything BUT Omrons are good. The G502 is known for having double-clicking issues because of their poor switch design. I've experienced this personally with mine, not my most proud purchase in terms of peripherals. If this had of become an issue while it was still under warranty, I would've returned it.

[Main Desktop]

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X  GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti (FTW3 Ultra)  MOBO: MSI Gaming Pro Carbon (X470)  RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3600 CL16 (2x8GB)

COOLER: Arctic LiquidFreezer II 280 STORAGE: G.SKILL Phoenix FTL 240GB SSD, Crucial MX500 1TB SSD, Toshiba 2TB HDD, Seagate 4TB HDD

PSU: EVGA GQ-1000W 80+ Gold  CASE: The MESHMOD v1.0 (Custom Deepcool Matrexx 70 chassis)  MONITOR: AOC 24G2 144Hz (IPS) 

MOUSE: Logitech G502 HERO (wired)  KEYBOARD: Rosewill K81 RGB (Kailh Brown)  HEADPHONES: HiFiMan Ananda, Drop x Sennheiser HD6XX

IEMS: 7Hz Timeless, Tin Audio T2, Blon BL-03, Samsung/AKG Galaxy Buds Pro  STUDIO MONITORS: Mackie MR524, Mackie MRS10  MIC: NEAT Worker Bee  

INTERFACE: Focusrite Scarlett Solo  AMPLIFIER: SMSL SP200 THX AAA-888, XDUOO XD-05 Basic  DAC: SMSL Sanskrit 10th MKII (upgraded AK4493 Version)

WHEEL: Logitech G29 + Logitech G Shifter

[Stream Encoder]

CPU: AMD FX-9590  GPU: Sapphire R9 390X (Tri-X OC)  MOBO: ASUS Sabertooth R2.0 (AM3+)  RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X DDR3-1866 (2x8GB)

COOLER: EVGA CLC 280 PSU: MSI A750GF 80+ Gold CASE: Phanteks P400A Digital

[Garage]

CAR: 2003 Honda Civic Coupe LX (EM2)  ENGINE: D17A1, planned K20A2 swap  INTAKE: DIY Solutions Short RAM  HEADERS: Motor1 4-2-1 with Cat-Delete

EXHAUST: Yonaka 2.5" Cat-Back with 3.5" tip (YMCB-CIV0105)  COILOVERS: MaXpeedingrods adjustable  RIMS: Core Racing Concept Seven Alloys (15x6.5)

RECEIVER: Kenwood DPX304MBT  SOUND DEADENING: Damplifier Pro Deadening Mats  SOUND DAMPENING: Custom solution, layers of thick insulation

DOOR SPEAKERS: Kenwood KFC-P710PS 6.5" Components  WINDOW LEDGE SPEAKERS: Kenwood KFC-6996PS 6x9" 5-Ways